Most disturbing music video you have ever seen, (2 Viewers)

well if you want truly mentally disturbing rather than just rubbish turned into video I'd definitely recommend the banned video "Happiness in Slavery" by Nine Inch Nails (read Trent Reznor). Not sure who directed it, but it is definitely quite twisted. And well, as I just found the video for "Broken" by Reznor as well, is definately disturbing.

remind me
what's so bad about Grace Jones vid?

All those naked models being mock slapped, on their own grand but put in there with these big colourfull bird yokes flying outside families houses. The big grace jones head to, and that mushroom thing that she is flaoting around in.

i remember a disturbing video from the eighties that i saw on mtusa. it was a song with a chorus that went "can you heeeear me/ can you hear me a-runnin/ can you hear me a-runnin can you hear me callin you-oo-oo". it was set at night outside a house with venitian blinds and it had a very paranoid twilight zoney vibe about it (at least it did in black and white)

well if you want truly mentally disturbing rather than just rubbish turned into video I'd definitely recommend the banned video "Happiness in Slavery" by Nine Inch Nails (read Trent Reznor). Not sure who directed it, but it is definitely quite twisted. And well, as I just found the video for "Broken" by Reznor as well, is definately disturbing.

they were directed by peter christopherson of throbbing gristle and coil.

christopherson also directed two of the most distrubing films i have seen, one - like the nine inch nails "broken" film - being a fake snuff film called "misdeeds of a san diego doctor" which is extremely realistic and very very gruesome, the other being his recent "form grows rampant" film which documents rituals of the gin jae festival in thailand, where young guys stick large spikes of metal through their face and slice their tongues with razors. it is the only film which has made me look away from the screen.

amusingly enough, peter christopherson directed many music videos for hanson, jason donovan, van halen, paul mccartney, and erasure, amongst others.

his video work with nine inch nails was really impressive, the videos almost always being far more interesting than the music. here's an example:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

aside from "form grows rampant", they are not commercially available in terms of official release. most film censors, if not pretty much all, would not allow their release.

the nine inch nails "broken" video is available for download on the internet, where from i dont know, but i would say it would be easily found on file sharing programs. it seems to be up on youtube. however these are many generation bootlegs, and poor in picture quality, although that may add to the clandestine nature of the film.

"misdeeds of a san diego doctor" a.k.a. "castration film" was sent out on VHS called "first transmissions" in the early eighties through genesis p-orridge's Temple Of Psychic Youth organisation.

"form grows rampant" is available on dvd along with the soundtrack on cd through peter christopherson's Threshold House label.

i remember a disturbing video from the eighties that i saw on mtusa. it was a song with a chorus that went "can you heeeear me/ can you hear me a-runnin/ can you hear me a-runnin can you hear me callin you-oo-oo". it was set at night outside a house with venitian blinds and it had a very paranoid twilight zoney vibe about it (at least it did in black and white)

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=0KL_fgWgK40

Brian - that is quite bizarre that the same director did such "normal/vanilla" stuff and then does videos that are THAT twisted.
Personally, I've always loved Reznor and his music. I find the videos shocking, but don't think he's trying to tell people to go and be disembowled or anything.

Ooh, another disturbing video nod has to go to Aphex Twin. "Come to Daddy" has always been a bit disturbing as well as "Windowlicker" with all the girls with AT's head. That in itself could give one nightmares.

Also would add Tool's "Prison Sex" video to the list of disturbing. Not just on imagery alone but the imagery combined with the lyrics make it disturbing, though not on the same lines of disturbing as one of those Reznor vids.

The most disturbing thing about it is that its Mike & The Mechanics.

Chris Cunningham. Rubber-face-loving-motherfucker.

If you want disturbing - try a youtube on "Rubber Johnny"..... Makes Grace Jones look like Mary Poppins.

they were directed by peter christopherson of throbbing gristle and coil.

When I last saw Coil they had a really disturbing short film of prisoners in an Eastern European prisoner-of-war camp - but it obviously didn't make enough of an impression on me to remember the country in question....!

Otherwise, I'll say it again, those dancing chickens in Sledghammer by Peter Gabriel. Probably around the time I first had to cook a chicken in home economics class, and turned veggie very soon afterwards. Funny that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back