Mogwai - Temple Bar Music Centre (January 7) (1 Viewer)

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I'm really going to miss this tete a tete when i move out of the gaff. I'll have to send kate on fact gathering missions for more goss hahah

naw, even when you move out i´ll still be game for it. anything that makes me shout "you cheeky bollocks" in a computer room wedged with germans doing homework has gotta stay:D

I saw them 2 years ago in the Olympia. They bored me to tears to be honest. Very loud but still lacking in energy. Plus they played note perfect versions of the album tracks. I thought they would at least jazz up the arrangements for the live versions. I should have stayed at home and turned the CD up to 11.

Saw em for the fourth or fifth time at the Slint ATP, and they looked like a band on its last legs. The drummer is a disgrace.

Weirdest gig moment ever - Running over after Rocket From The Crypt to catch the last of Mogwai at leeds/carling 2001 and finding the floor littered with sleeping punters while the band finished up a 15 minute rather painful wall of noise.

chymera said:
I saw them 2 years ago in the Olympia. They bored me to tears to be honest. Very loud but still lacking in energy. Plus they played note perfect versions of the album tracks. I thought they would at least jazz up the arrangements for the live versions. I should have stayed at home and turned the CD up to 11.
Thanks to this and the E25 ticket price im not going to bother going to this gig.

yeah think i'll blank this one. Last time i saw them was in the Village and it was shite + nothing is ever gonna top the time i saw them play on a tiny ass boat sailing around Sydney Harbour. Thats was fuckin loud.

Yeah that was pretty good, save all the bloody people talking. The sound was somewhat better than expected. Got stuck in the back corner between some loud talking scots though !ninjaaaa

Thought this was really dissapointing. They only played an hour and 20 mins for christ sake! and that was including all the in between song time wasting. They played fairly well in fairness but for the first time at a mogwai gig I thought it could have been louder! It semmed when they got loud it just got smooth, not the usual filthy ear drum assault (which I've grown wo like about them..).

If anything it shows that they're getting worse. There was some seriously ropey moments, which I would have forgiven them if there was a few less and if they'd played a while longer!

And they didn't play travel is dangerous, which pissed me off rightly as it's by far their best new song..

thought it was deadly!!
they even played Summer and Tracy!
Glasgow Mega-snake was amazing too totally rocked!
bits of it were a shambles but that only made it better!

I really enjoyed it too, the sound was great and I think the new songs stood up well against the older ones.

Again the only complaint was people talking, I was upstairs and this ginger cunt with a bowler hairt cut and thick rim glasses came in half way through and just talked constantly through the gig with his bird and friend. They actaully had their backs to the stage and as the musci got louder so did there shouting until I finally snapped anfd yelled shut the fuck up and them. Honestly why would you go to a mogwai gig of all gigs and try to have a full blown conversation??? It defies logic, that cunts face is burned into my brain and should i see him again his last words will be muffled by his own cock..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back