Minor complaints thread (18 Viewers)

I've been trying to source a few capacitors to fix an amp.

Normally buy bits off a german crowd (musikding), but they didn't have the values required in stock, so I ordered from Radionics.

half the order arrived, missing 2 of the 3300uf caps ordered...which are now listed as 'not available to backorder' on their website. Mailed them and got a vague/generic response.

only other option is to order 5 of the same value cap, despite only needing 2...

I've been trying to source a few capacitors to fix an amp.

Normally buy bits off a german crowd (musikding), but they didn't have the values required in stock, so I ordered from Radionics.

half the order arrived, missing 2 of the 3300uf caps ordered...which are now listed as 'not available to backorder' on their website. Mailed them and got a vague/generic response.

only other option is to order 5 of the same value cap, despite only needing 2...

Radionics seem to have moved into the 'we are the main shop for components in Dublin so we give less of a shite' territory the last few years.

Love to buy local but it's an international company so feel less guilty about buying stuff abroad instead

Got a record in the post. Could see immediately that it had been crushed. Opened it to find a large crease in the cover. Straight back it goes.

ballache
I have a vendetta with a postwoman over the same thing. The thing said "do not fold" but fold she did.
The bitch knocked down a neighbours dog too and was suprised when I complained. Fucker.

I have a vendetta with a postwoman over the same thing. The thing said "do not fold" but fold she did.
The bitch knocked down a neighbours dog too and was suprised when I complained. Fucker.

This sounds like the beginning of a good vendetta.

are you going to boobytrap your post box or something?

I'm on the edge of my seat with the drama sure.

This sounds like the beginning of a good vendetta.

are you going to boobytrap your post box or something?

I'm on the edge of my seat with the drama sure.
Nope. The postwoman thought that I was Reets and I got the stink eye when ever she had to knock at the door. She yelled at me for complaining online and I was all.....lady calm down, it wasn't me. She never believed me. I think she stopped knocking and sent all my packages to the post office after that because I always seemed to "miss" them.

It is pissing rain here and the TV signal is gone.
Didn't used to happenen with analog.
Guarantee ya this will happen sometime when an All Ireland Final is level in injury time or a World Cup Final goes to a shoot out.

yeah my tv is wind dependent sometimes. if it's stormy i can forget about the english outlets

Well now, I used to live down the street from where I currently live. One night I said the TV reception gets rubbish when it rains a lot, or when a heavy truck passes. Housemates thought I was another conspiracy theory nut, as we had a few of them living with us.

But I have the same problems with the TV here, and all your posts help to vindicate my stance.

Dodgy connection somewhere between that green metal box on the street and my TV. Probably more than one. It's as good as it can be on our end. And the train is apparently a massive electro magnetic interference thing, and also heavy and rumbly.

I'm in Dublin and my tv sometimes gives bother in windy conditions. I'm near train tracks and most of the interference comes from trains passing, so I think it's just when the wind is like 'blowing that interference' over from the trains or some shit
Well mine is in Donegal so I can probably rule out the trains.

Well mine is in Donegal so I can probably rule out the trains.

Your house in Donegal gets barely any signal,
Of anything. You’ve a fuck tonne of trees beside you and you’re in a kind of lil valley on a hill. I recall having to leave my phone propped up against the top front bedroom window to get one bar of 3G to hotspot from.
Mind you that was like 8 or 9 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back