Michael Gira Swans Angels of light Dublin Belfast April 2012 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter NoNo
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

NoNo

Just announced today, Michael gira is playing a solo show in the button factory on
April 4 2012
Belfast Blackbox April 5

U:Mack have to be the promoters for this?

Michael Gira at Primavera was pretty shite. loved the idea of it but just didnt feel like he pulled it off

swans were one of my highlights of primavera last year, thought it was an amazing performance.
This is obviously going to be a lot different, hoping to hear a few tunes from their forthcoming album

swans were one of my highlights of primavera last year, thought it was an amazing performance.
This is obviously going to be a lot different, hoping to hear a few tunes from their forthcoming album

They were one of my highlights also. How will these solo shows compare?

Michael Gira at Primavera was pretty shite. loved the idea of it but just didnt feel like he pulled it off

I saw him at Supersonic about 5-6 years ago and I thought he was excellent. I love all his releases though (solo, Swans and Angels of Light) so probably not surprising that I liked the solo show.

Did anyone go see him play in Doyles years ago? I had intended to go but I remember there was a bit of tomfoolery with the date and I thought he was playing the same night as Tindersticks (who I already had tickets for) but it wasn't the case in the end. Gutted.

I saw him at Supersonic about 5-6 years ago and I thought he was excellent. I love all his releases though (solo, Swans and Angels of Light) so probably not surprising that I liked the solo show.

Did anyone go see him play in Doyles years ago? I had intended to go but I remember there was a bit of tomfoolery with the date and I thought he was playing the same night as Tindersticks (who I already had tickets for) but it wasn't the case in the end. Gutted.

I was at that doyles gig. Devendra Banhart played that night too, crossed legged on a table. Good gig! I can't remember was it a last minute booking or a sudden venue change or what. I don't think I can make this weeks gig. I'm not really a fan of him on record but I enjoyed that doyles gig and the earlier solo one in whelans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back