Metal Machine Music (Lou Reed) (1 Viewer)

It's a great album.
If you're into ambient stuff or drone-metal or noise or shoegaze you'll probably like it.

used to listen to it on the way home from work on the tube in London when i was living in East Ham while looking at everyone on the carriage standing there depressed. it was actually pretty relaxing

I heard an amazing version of it with Lou Reed playing with a string quartet. It was recorded live in Berlin. I think this was a boot but definately worth tracking down.

I was reading that Analogue magazine yesterday and noticed that they had a similarly infamous album, Twin Infinitives by Royal Trux as one of four defining albums on the Matador label. I have to say that CD is one of the most disappointing I've ever bought. I found it literally unlistenable every time I've tried to put it on. I find it strange that it has any kind of reputation.

I love Twin Infinitives. Its not even minimal, it's molecular rock. Instead of sending out a 'how to survive a nuclear attack' public information leaflet the government should have sent every household a copy of Twin Infinitives.

Granted they were off their nuts when they recorded it and I think its amazing that Domino actually released it.

Viva RX !

I was reading that Analogue magazine yesterday and noticed that they had a similarly infamous album, Twin Infinitives by Royal Trux as one of four defining albums on the Matador label. I have to say that CD is one of the most disappointing I've ever bought. I found it literally unlistenable every time I've tried to put it on. I find it strange that it has any kind of reputation.

I love Twin Infinitives. Its not even minimal, it's molecular rock. Instead of sending out a 'how to survive a nuclear attack' public information leaflet the government should have sent every household a copy of Twin Infinitives.

Granted they were off their nuts when they recorded it and I think its amazing that Domino actually released it.

Viva RX !
It's an incredible record - never heard anything like it before or since. If the influenza virus ever got up off it's single-celled arse to make an album, it would probably sound like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back