• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 16K
  • Watchers 1

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Does anyone know a good shop in Dublin to buy some nifty men's hats? The dudes in my fambily are gettin' those from me this year.

None of your diddlyirish stuff, though I think the tweed place on Nassau St does have nice stuff in addition to jumpers and beshamrocked flat caps. I just wonder if there might be somewhere else that does a good, proper man's hat, since I imagine any place on Nassau St is going to be a bit more expensive. Like the kind where you have to know your hat size.

There is a place at the top of Georges Street/bottom of Aungier street that always seem to have quite the range of gentlemens headwear.
Never been in it, so I can't vouch for quality/price, but I have often admired their range of spiffy panama hats as I pass by.

Spam Javelin said:
There is a place at the top of Georges Street/bottom of Aungier street that always seem to have quite the range of gentlemens headwear.
Never been in it, so I can't vouch for quality/price, but I have often admired their range of spiffy panama hats as I pass by.

This place is totally old school. It's also the only place around that sells braces btw

Try giving Louis Copeland a buzz, they might be able to point you in the right direction...

01 8721600

Great idea for a present, a spiffing hat is vastly under-rated thing.

Alas, I believe you really do need to know the hat sizes if you want to buy a proper hat for someone.

Have you asked your mother is she knows the persons hat sizes? Worth a try.

yeah fully - my head is way too big for most hats. and the ones that do fit look ridiculous. i'm not jandek ffs

marks and spencer do a lovely trilby. is there a mark and spencer in dublin? that shop always seemed awfully protestant to me, if you know what i mean?

jewish actually. started by some immigrant in england way back during the pogroms. M&S give money to israel. did you ethical shopper guide tell you about THAT?

Cool! Thanks, dudes. I do indeed know my dad's hat size, which is 7 1/4, since my dad is a classy enough dude that he knows his hat size. My mother didn't know my brother's, but she says he is a bit smaller than that, presumably because he's tried on some of my dad's hats, and they were just a tad too big.

My dad and I share a love of hats, and he bought me one for my birthday, which I got to pick out my very self when we were in Rome. Hot stuff, that hat, too. A proper 1940s-style thing, and it's the best ever. So I figure I will return the kindness by getting him a cool one in return.

The funniest thing about my hat is that when I'm wearing it, old dudes give me these respectful nods, and compliments that are the opposite of sleazy. I was wearing it one night, trying to get a taxi, and a driver stopped to pick me up. He said he wasn't planning on taking another fare, but he wanted to pay respect to the hat. He had a similarly cool dude's hat in his back window, and the whole journey was spent bonding over the love of a good, proper hat shop.

I HEART HATS.

Plus, because I have a head the size of the clitoris on half a peanut, I can't wear wooly ones because they're all too big, but ladies' hats are perfect for my itty bitty noggin.

DISCLAIMER: it's not possible to get any piece of clothing without being accused of being a hipster so let's leave that aside for the moment.

I think I need a hat. I'm not sure when i'd wear it but what type do yiz recommend?

Here are the fellas from Dr. Buzzards Original Savannah Band modelling some nice designs although I don't really dress as well as them

sb_2.jpg

should all else fail there's always

ireland_hat.jpg
ireland_hat.jpg
ireland_hat.jpg
ireland_hat.jpg

DISCLAIMER: it's not possible to get any piece of clothing without being accused of being a hipster so let's leave that aside for the moment.

actually fuck that, i'm just gonna see what they're wearing on dublinstreets, BRB

I'm so glad there weren't digital cameras & the internet back when I wore stupid clothes

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back