mcd presents capdown (3 Viewers)

damien

Since 2000
hadnt heard anything bout this till today, surprising, april 23rd in TBMC... bet you cormo regrets helping them get their foot in the door of the "irish market" now...
spas.

Jesus

I'd say its quite likely that Capdown probably don't have a clue who the fuck MCD are, and they probably don't give a fuck either, and the booking of the gig probably has fuck all to do with them, if that helps.

Propagandhi

It'll be the same as Propagandhi.
MaxMitchell and Dave from Anti-Everything.com sorted out Prop and had no fuckin idea who MCD were - if they had they wouldn't have done it cos beleive me, Max and Dave are DIY.
So I imagine it could well be the same thing with capdown.

Is anyone bringing Fig4.0 back over? They were sweet.

CAPDOWN

CAPDOWNs agent used to be ian @ hidden talent who mainly deals with independent promoters,
as Capdowns profile went up they got a manager who took them away from H.T. and gave them to the AGENCY who are probably the biggest booking agents in the uk,they in turn offer it to MCD automatically without going through any independants or putting it out to tender so to speak........the band really dont have a choice as to where they play once they sign up with the agency.

well in fairness to them yes the band probably dont have a fukin clue who MCD are but on the other hand why the fuck did they get a 'manager' and sign to the 'agency' in the first place? can't they handle the shit themselves like they used to

bullshit

If the band mean anything they say or have said they would still be involved in booking their own gigs....they could be playin a bloody wedding with fuckin nazi bands...etc. I now that any gig i have played i have checked out who else is playing and who is organising the thing. They should have come back the DIY way but their agency was obviously lookin for too much money from the independent promoters. I mean its not like their from far away or don't have any connections in Ireland to sort out some shows.
Yeah....when are Fig 4.0 comin back?

Capdown

Im not trying to defend capdown....a great band ,glad i put them on last year and sorry i wont get the chance again ,but i can understand the reasoning behind getting a manager..if your band gets a higher profile then it becomes harder to sort every gig out yourself..250+ gigs a year they do,its easier for someone outside the band to organise that shit ,so the musicians can just turn up and play and not have to worry about guarantee's accomodation and all the other bullshit that goes with organising a gig...
when you have toured the world the world in a transit van ,playing for 100 quid and sleeping on peoples floors first time round its fun,5th time round it becomes tedious,
Obviously now they can play bigger venues/festivals to more people get properly paid /fed etc and get their sound out to a wider audience........

playing devils advocate here but do you loose interest in a band when they stop playing your local shithouse to 100 people ?
there is only so far you can take DIY ?

Well said Toxic...
I mean, you lot make it sound like their killing little children or something - give em a break!
At least they`re going to play here anyway.
"SPAS" - Your calling them "spas" over this shite!?
I hate it when people use that word...

i think part of it is also the last album just wasn't as good at all....also probably people are a bit more sick of that style of ska-core stuff than when they first appeared

here..

aye, look, if you're feeling a little precious and possessive about CAPDOWN doing an MCD gig get off your fucking high horse and look at it this way:at least they did two DIY tours first and you got to see them then. Now, just let it go...

Anyway, with the MOUNTAIN of bands I'm working on sorting out with shows here later in the year, there's plenty to look forward to (fingers crossed):Focus on what you have, not what you've lost eh?!bing

Originally posted by nooly
i think part of it is also the last album just wasn't as good at all....also probably people are a bit more sick of that style of ska-core stuff than when they first appeared

In fairness i have met alot more people who are into capdown recently especially people who are'nt into "skacore" or even punk and they seem to love the new album. Maybe its just people involved with the punk scene in dublin who are'nt that interested anymore and that could have something to do with the current trend towards hardcore?
anyway did anyone see target point in voodoo and like them?

mm i have to agree with chunky d there, i dont mena to sound like a cunt but there seems to be this buzz in ireland where evryone seems to go insane about a few bands for a few months then its something newer, and something newer etc etc. There is nothing wrong with a bit of musical diversity, i like my grind gore stuff but i can listen to it back to back with the mighty ramones (am i the only one gonna be at this gig on sunday, yay ramones cover bands yay) then what some people would consider "wimpy emo" then slap some NILE on and rock the fuck out (not to mention my love of folk, country and blues), two years ago people were ripping the piss out of those of us who liked death metal now the whole world seems to be playing metal records constantly. Damnit this country needs a j church esque band or a funky assed doom band.

anyhoo i dunno bout capdown, i know they need a manager but they could have hired someone with a bit of diy no-how, someone who knows whats diy and whats not, they could still have played the music centre and probably filled it, which i dont see happening now. i dont necesarily have a problem with bands playin huge mcd style gigs (sure i go to enuff myself ) but it think its the fact that they claimed to be so against the so called msuic industry whereas say a band like morbid angel or something never claimed to be diy .

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back