mbox 2 pro factory and other preamps? (1 Viewer)

schmegeggin

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
hello

i recently got an mbox2 pro but I have yet to install it. i am going to use it with xp sp2 but eventually get a mac, can i install it on both operating systems?

but the main question is there an 8 channel preamp/firewire that i could with it so i could record e.g. 10 channels at the one time?

thanks

Hey dude.

Problem is that the most an Mbox2 can record at once is 6 channels - to get 8/10 inputs you'd need to grab a different interface.

do you mean the actual recording interface (i.e. pro-tools software) or that I need to get another pre-amp? I know the mbox2 will only record 6 channels but what I was wondering if I use another pre-amp interface then I can record the 6 on mbox2 as well as the extra 8/10 on new interface leaving me a total of 16 channels at the one time through pro-tools. So is this possible?

I hope this is making sense!!!

No.
And the only way you can get 6 inputs to the MBox is if you buy another interface (Mbox=interface).

:confused:

ok i have the mbox 2 pro and I should be able to record 6 tracks at once.
198314.jpg

so if i want to record another 6 while I am recording the first 6, I need another interface, i.e. another mbox2 pro or could I use an m-audio profire 2626 and get 8.

so to sum up could i use the mbox2 pro and the m-audio profire 2626 simultaneously through pro tools recording 14 channels at once.

ps thanks for the replies

The Mbox2 has up to four analog inputs available.
The two mic/jack combi inputs, and the left and right line inputs.
You can get an extra two inputs by using a seperate converter via the digital SPDIF inputs on the Mbox.
You can't have any more than those 6 inputs.

The 2626 and 002/3 use the ADAT protocol to get an extra 8 inputs.
The Mbox2 doesn't have ADAT, only SPDIF. SPDIF carries a maximum of 2 channels in and out.

The Mbox2 has up to four analog inputs available.
The two mic/jack combi inputs, and the left and right line inputs.
You can get an extra two inputs by using a seperate converter via the digital SPDIF inputs on the Mbox.
You can't have any more than those 6 inputs.

The 2626 and 002/3 use the ADAT protocol to get an extra 8 inputs.
The Mbox2 doesn't have ADAT, only SPDIF. SPDIF carries a maximum of 2 channels in and out.

ok I am clueless when it comes to this as I use an aw4416 currently and I am used to being able to record 8 channels at once.

So if I had both interfaces I would not be able to use the 8 analog inputs on the 2626 and the 4 analog/6(using converter) on the mbox2 at the same time

is there any interface that will let you record 8 extra inputs that would work alongside the mbox?

thanks again Red

No, unfortunately not.
With the Mbox, you're stuck no 6 inputs no matter which way you rock it.
I could be wrong, but I think maybe Logic can use more than one interface at the same time, in which case you could perhaps use it with something else.
That's assuming you have a Mac.
And even then, you'd probably run into hassle with clocking or things being slightly out of sync.

To be honest, the simplest thing would be to swap the Mbox for something that'll handle more ins and outs.
Either that or borrow something else or head into a studio when you're recording a load of inputs at once.

You can actually buy a card to install in your AW4416 that will let you output from it via ADAT - you could use that in conjunction with another interface (2626/003/whatever) to get 16 channels of i/o happening.
Might be worth looking in to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back