MAXIMUM JOY present I LOVE UFO // CRAYONSMITH // DJ MOONER (ex Zombie Nation) (1 Viewer)

Raar - Maximum

Website
www.myspace.com
Maximum Joy Present
I LOVE UFO (Record Makers // France)
DJ Mooner (Compost // Munich)
Crayonsmith

& Maximum Joy DJ's
Underground @ Kennedy's, 32-33 Westland Row, D2.
Nov 17th 9:30pm till 3am

I Love UFO
DRUMER IS BLIND ! Sonic entity created by 3 French men at the turn of the century I LOVE UFO is a powerful sonic mayhem driven by punk energy and psychedelic experiences. Spotted on stage with some of the most radical bands around: The EX, the Hard Ons, 80's Matchbox B Line Disaster, Oneida, Ex Models, Black Dice, Selfish Cunt, Cobra Killer... Shows have been qualified as punkadelic madness ! First EP released on UK label Miscreant Records and 2 UK tours, I LOVE UFO are about to release their debut album on French label Record Makers. Devoted to the downfall of UK-US empire, I LOVE UFO is rational. I Love UFO is human, I LOVE UFO is GLOBAL. Listen and support I LOVE UFO !

New album 'Wish' is out on Airs Record Makers label.

Listen at www.myspace.com/iloveufo

Crayonsmith
Crayonsmith is the pop/rock/alternative music of Ciaran Smith from Dublin. On his fifth birthday, he was given a plastic snare drum which he added to his makeshift drumkit of pots and plastic paint pots set up in the family shed. Then, when he was eight years old, he was eight years old, robbed his sister's Bontempi keyboard, and, together with a pre-historic tape recorder and a cassette of The Beach Boys' "Summer Dreams", began learning to play his favourite songs on keyboard and, later, guitar.

Having played in various musical projects and bands from the age of twelve, in early 2004, Ciaran began playing his own songs live with the help of two friends under the name Crayonsmith. In August 2004, Crayonsmith released the "You Get Down Here" demo EP on his own stayloosesongs which was very well received. In December 2004, Crayonsmith released a split Christmas single with Windings (Outonalimbrecords) which, again, was very well received.

Ciaran spent 2005/6 recording his debut album in his bedroom and Slow Loris Studios and then took these recordings to Steve Fanagan (North Station) for touch up mixing and production. Released to great reviews in May, "Stay Loose" is available nationwide on Musical Voodoo Records and will soon be available through www.crayonsmith.com. "Stay Loose" was written with help of some friends and whatever instruments he had close to hand (drum-machine, guitar, keyboards, bass, glockenspiel, tooth-brush etc.), it combines melody, beats, rhythms, harmonies, dueling vocals, insightful lyrics, and found sound/studio experimentation to produce an eclectic yet ultimately cohesive album that fuses together many different musical styles. It moves effortlessly from persistent up-tempo rock/electro-pop ("Drunken Smile") to mid-tempo respites ("Unnatural"), through to quieter, more subtle, delicate moments (Daftness and Chloe ) before ending in a slow-growing crescendo ("The Best Sendoff Ever!"). "Stay Loose" is a well paced album with carefully placed pit-stops for the listener along the way, resulting in a thoroughly rewarding listening experience that is highly energetic and, at the same time, suitably personal and intimate. It has landed the band tours with Sparklehorse, Peter Bjorn and John and Viva Voce, and opening slots for Quasi, Islands, Robin Guthrie, Electric Six, Joy Zipper, Jim Noir, The Chalets, Jape, Goodtime John, giveamanakick, Waiting Room, The Dudley Corporation, Ten Past Seven, Windings, The Coldspoon Conspiracy and Jeff Martin, as well as spots at the prestigious Ballroom of Romance and the highly reputable Lazybird in Dublin

Listen at www.myspace.com/crayonsmith

DJ Mooner
Mooner has been running his label, "Erkrankung durch Musique", since 2000.

He has also taken part in Ponk-Rock project 'Club le Bomb', since the success with Zombie Nation (Top Ten hit in UK, Greece, Holland, Belgium... in 1999/2000), a less commercial project that happened at an illegal location beneath the city of Munich in an abandoned underground water powerplant.

Also Hart of Noise (with Generation Aldi-man Bülent Kullukcu) was a cutting edge project between Art, Music and Pranksterism , an irony of the big names in the Techno-Biz. The project climaxed in a liveshow at a Cocoon party where about 500 Kgs of Food and electronic trash were thrown into the audience.

Zombocombo, with Polly Ester (of Kamerakino, ...) and KITT Bang is the current occupation and longtime project – monthly events at Munich´s club „Registratur“, where they throw parties with music, clothes and shows that go along with crazy mottos.

His label, Erkrankung, features debut works of artists such as Steril, Hong Kong Counterfeit, Queen of Japan, The Magnificents, Mix Mup, Vostok, Nicolas Courtin, Auto, Acid Boy Chair, ... Many of these records had been setting new genres, mostly years ahead of the time they went „hype“-Like Commodore sounds, Elektro-Punk, „Elektroclash“, or the Acid-revival.

Mooner´s further influences on his unique DJ mixing style relate to his Mom´s psychodelic record selection, the widespread interest of music by 70ties north-italian Cosmic Music scene. Also he was one of the first Djs to buy an iPod for "pro" use, filled with obscure B-sides and demo versions.

UFOFOLOVE

Attachments

• Logo UFO.jpg
    Logo UFO.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 130

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back