MAXIMUM JOY MASQUERADE BALL w/WARLORDS OF PEZ // QUEEN KONG // BANG BANG BANG (1 Viewer)

Raar - Maximum

Website
www.myspace.com
Hey Y'all,

We’re kicking off the new year with a Masquerade Ball featuring those mysterious cosmic superhero’s ‘Warlords of Pez’ who along with Queen Kong will be providing a suitably sordid soundtrack to this Kubrickan affair.

So have your flowing robes and Venetian accessories at the ready. Go online, go to a joke shop or even cut one out from one of our flyers (easy peasy, we've even provided wee dots as a guideline), or you'll be fair game for the Warlords. Just be careful with those scissors!

Maximum Joy Masquerade Ball
Warlords Of Pez (Trust me I’m a thief records)
Queen Kong
Bang Bang Bang (Monkey Tennis)
& Maximum Joy DJ's
Kennedy’s of Westland Row
26th Jan // 10 til late // €8 & Masque

WARLORDS OF PEZ
Hailing from deep galactic space, the Warlords of Pez are a group of Cybernetically Advanced Sonically Aggressive Space Pricks, fusing a combination of Deepspace Death Metal & Low-Light Sex Cabaret with a twist of New Age Electric Bongo Madness.

A career of numerous sell out shows comprising appearances in the Olympia Theatre supporting Jack Black's Tenacious D, touring with japanese punk pop outfit Mika Bomb and supporting American rock group Bobby Conn has seen the Warlords earn the respect of both the fickle music industry and the relatively pointless & unappealing Irish Art/College scene in tandem. Two consecutive years curating shows for the Dublin Fringe Festival have helped concrete this parasitic relationship with the artistic community. Big Deal. Other highlights include shows at Electric Picnic, Witnness, ATP (All Tomorrow's Parties, DJ set), MOR Festival, Lark in the Park and numerous charitable events in aid of causes such as Rape Crisis & Sudden Infant Cot-Death.

Having already released a double A-side single ("Old Women With Broadband" / "Monster Voice") on Irish Indie label Trust Me I'm A Thief earlier this year, the Warlords have just launched their brand stinking new album. It's in shops NOW!

QUEEN KONG
"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." Plato

I agree with most of what Plato has to say about music; the music I love elates me and makes the world around me steeped in beauty and thought. But when I listen to Queen Kong find myself disagreeing with one or two aspects of his philosophy. Don´t get me wrong, QK makes my immediate environment much more glamorous and special, and it certainly lifts me, but it doesn´t come from a sort of idealised beauty or morality, it comes from the darker, worldlier, more uncomfortable parts of my psyche.

Days had it when they had mute gimps in leatherwear clutching their heads in angst at their gigs. Days previous to those found them (or at least, Murphy and Lawler) screaming over a tape recorder. Their origin was founded in the parts of ourselves that only they were brave enough to embrace. It was fantastic. What a relief from the chuck-wearing, haircut-due indie children we had to contend with until then! Those afraid to offend sensibilities! How refreshing to find musicians that were actually artists in the true sense of the word. And that´s what they are. Artists, but with a grasp on what´s special about pop music.

Pierre Schaeffer pioneered electronic sounds in 1948 with his cinq etudes de bruits (Five studies of noises). How could he have known how his experiments would merge with rock n´roll? What would he have made of Pink Floyd? What would the both of them have made of Queen Kong? Would they think them an inventive, industrustrial pop band? Or would they feel guilty for the fingers they felt probing the deeper regions of their souls?

Because your unmentionable thoughts are Queen Kong´s currency. This band deals with sexual dominancy/submission, pain love, anger, et cetera, but always with charisma and panache. With a style and flair that´s infectious. With a humour and a cork accent that´s charming. We had a Band this special on our doorstep and they´re forced to make a wage in Dub-il-in te-owen. I wonder to myself. Andy Warhol would have fallen in love with them. But would have scolded cork for letting them go. Queen Kong, I´m drunk, but I salute ye.

ciao for now,
Maximum Joy

Anybody wearing one of these will be getting DA SPECIAL TREATMENT

GimpMask.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back