Matthew Jay (1 Viewer)

sweetoblivion

Live from her fairytale world of clouds and pixies
Anyone remember this dude? Was going through some of my old stuff at the weekend and found a 7" of 'Let My Shoulder Fall', put it on last night and was reminded of how good some of his songs were. (Think pop-y Elliott Smith)

He only made one album before he died (in mysterious circumstances) but Wikipedia tells me there was a posthumous release this year? Anyone get it?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2MsCHmaN04&feature=related"]YouTube - Let Your Shoulder Fall[/ame]

i remember seeing him on jools holland but jools introduced the entire band as matthew jay! i think i screamed at the screen 'nnooooo its a hhhiiiimmmm not a tthheeemmmm!!!'
st.thomas died recently too :( both deaths made me so sad!

heres to both of them .|..| xo

from Mickey Pedia:

At the tail end of 2002 Jay parted amicably from EMI, and began work on the songs which would form his second album. However, the work was not completed, as Jay died suddenly in the early hours of 25 September, in an unexplained fall from an apartment block in London.
Initially, assumptions were made regarding the manner of the singer's passing, with the only information made available to the public being a statement released by Jay's family which said that he had been alone at the time.[8][3] However, later it was revealed that in fact on the night of his death other people were present, and one of these is still being sought in order to obtain a statement. Furthermore, Jay was not known to have been depressed, and he had spoken cheerfully to his family earlier the same evening.[9] An inquest into his passing returned an open verdict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back