Mascara (1 Viewer)

F. Fred Palakon

Sluts. Can someone recommend me a decent mascara? The primary feature I'm looking for is non-smudginess. Tired of looking like I've gone two rounds before I even get to work.

Ones I have tried and am unhappy with include:

- Maybelline (the pink and green one bottle). Not what it once was.
- Mister Mascara. Had a mirror on the site of the bottle. Still crap tho.
- Stila. Tiny bottle, went 'off' really quickly.
- Rimmel waterproof (blue bottle). Actually okay.
- Rimmel two-coat one. Terrible.
- MAC Pro Lash. This is the best I've tried but I'd like something EVEN BETTER.

Am I expecting too much from my mascara? Send help.

hi helena have you tried this one ? slightly on the expensive side but well worth it, clive.

mascaragroup.jpg

Allow me to recommend the new Chanel mascara. I got a free sample off the lady in Brown Thomas the other day and it's great. It all seems to be in the wand, which looks a bit like the sex organ of an exotic lily. Anyhow, I normally wouldn't touch Chanel mascara, find it a bit on the crumbly side but this stuff is really, really good...BUT I don't know if that sorts out your problem. Why is the mascara smudging on you? Do you just need a waterproof one or is it something more complex? Are you putting too much on, hence little bits crubling off and smudging under your eyes?

Before I tried this new Chanel one I'd say the Dior one is the best. They're not much dearer than things like Maybelline. Most cheap mascaras are €11 so you're better off spending the extra few if you find something you like. Oh, the new Bourgeois one is good too - waterproof double wand thing.

benefit fab gal lash (or whatever it's called)

clinique one, that I got as part of a bonus time sample. I was most impressed with it.

lancome flextensils is good too.

Psychotic no 2 said:
Oh yes,yes,yes! I got this too and thought it was brilliant. AGAIN with the deadly wand.

what's the name of it do you know?

I really have to get the beaut.ie finger out, that way all this stuff can be recorded for posterity

kirstie said:
what's the name of it do you know?

I really have to get the beaut.ie finger out, that way all this stuff can be recorded for posterity

Aha, I kept the tube cos was thinking the same thing. It's called High Impact Mascara. The Chanel one is called 'Inimitable - Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel'.

cool, I must make purchase.

it's so bloody hard to find a decent mascara, bah.

I've used Chanel in the past for mascara but was disappointed. Find it disappears by the end of the day.

I always seem to go back to Estee Lauder mascara, or Lancome. Two weeks ago got Magnicils in black and love it. Doesn't clump and lasts the whole day. Yes it's on the more expensive style, but it's a great product and really really worth it!! I have never been disappointed by Lauder or Lancome mascaras.

Thanks folks. I will try out the Chanel one. Someone had recommended a Dior one before but I got dazzled by choice when I went in to get it. Thanks for the product names.

Every time I go near a Clinique counter they hit me up for more than I want to buy. 'There's no point in buying this mousturiser if you're not going to buy the cleanser and toner'. Trickery! Their eye make-up remover is amazing though.

LavajoNation said:
I've used Chanel in the past for mascara but was disappointed. Find it disappears by the end of the day.

I always seem to go back to Estee Lauder mascara, or Lancome. Two weeks ago got Magnicils in black and love it. Doesn't clump and lasts the whole day. Yes it's on the more expensive style, but it's a great product and really really worth it!! I have never been disappointed by Lauder or Lancome mascaras.

I found exactly the same with Chanel mascara I have to say, although that new one is pretty great, much more like dior and lancome mascaras.

Psychotic no 2 said:
GASP - is that going to be your beauty blog Kirstie?
Very cool.

ja! but I haven't had time to DO it yet. Myself and my equally product obsessed sister are doing it, but time has not been of the essence recently.

Psychotic no 2 said:
Ask the lady for a sample; tell you heard it was GRRRAAAYYSSHHH.

!bing Good thinking! I've never actually done that before. This could be why I constantly end up spending more than I intend.

kirstie said:
ja! but I haven't had time to DO it yet. Myself and my equally product obsessed sister are doing it, but time has not been of the essence recently.

While we're on the subject, does anyone buy their stuff online? I was thinking €28.50 seemed awful pricey for a Touche Eclat in BT.

kirstie said:

That is going to be so cool. Clearly you'll have to do a LOT of product testing :).

One of the happiest times of my life was a brief stint as beauty corr which included getting sent free make-up. <Pinches self> Pout visits were the best, little purple tweezers, brushes, eyelash curlers....swoon. I also never had so many friends, aunties, cousins, etc. Must be what it's like to win the lotto. Er, kind of.

helena said:
!bing Good thinking! I've never actually done that before. This could be why I constantly end up spending more than I intend.
That's what the samples are supposedly there for although they seem to be just used as sweeteners for people who spend loads of money at the beauty counters. If they're being stingy tell her you've got sensitive eyes, blah blah.

I've never bought any make-up online although a friend of mine goes to this one http://beautifulperfumes.com/ which she says is cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back