Marx Brothers Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
one of my fave movies as a kid was "A Night At The Opera"

their movies still make me giggle. they each had incredible comedic timing; total legends.

anyway here's a clip that always set me off with laughter :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

absolute comic genius. treated myself to their boxset some time ago. Here's one of my fave ever Marx Bros scenes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy3FnA3mJHE

The Three Stooges

Curly is my favourite. Hes great in the clam soup sketch.

Curly-pic.jpg

They were never as funny after he died.

trust youtube!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shemp was great, wasnt he part of their golden era? Kinda confusing, he wasn't technically a stooge though was he, moe larry and curly were the actual three stooges? I just remember shemp being around.

Do you have any of the dvds?

wikipedia said:
Groucho's son, Arthur, published a brief account of an incident when Arthur was a child. The family was going through airport customs, and while filling out a form, Groucho listed his name as "Julius Henry Marx" and his occupation as "smuggler." Needless to say, chaos ensued.

ace

Shemp was great, wasnt he part of their golden era? Kinda confusing, he wasn't technically a stooge though was he, moe larry and curly were the actual three stooges? I just remember shemp being around.

Do you have any of the dvds?

Moe, Larry and Shemp were the original trio.
Shemp left in 1931 to pursue a movie career and was replaced by Curly.
Curly had a stroke in 1946 and Shemp reluctantly rejoined. Curly never appeared again aside from a cameo in Hold That Lion and he died in 1952.
Shemp died in 1955 and until 1957 was replaced by a dude called Joe Besser. Most fans ignore this era as Joe had a clause in his contract that he couldn't be hit too often. He even hit Moe back a few times! :D

They re-emerged in 1959 with a guy called Curly-Joe (real name Joe DeRita) and made films / shorts until the end of the 1960s.

Moe, Shemp and Curly were brothers in real life.

I have no DVDs. Their work has been mismanaged in the VHS / DVD era with a number of shoddy and incoherent releases. There was a decent 12 disc set released a couple of years back but I can't find it anywhere. Someone needs to tidy it up - after all, Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy, Marx Brothers and Buster Keaton have had decent DVD releases.

Moe, Shemp and Curly were brothers in real life.

Are you sure? Moe and shemp sure look similar but curly?

I have one dvd but it aint the best but its got disorder in the court on it which is my favourite episode.

"I'm a victim o' coicumstance!!"

3curly211.gif

Duck Soup has to be The Marx Brothers' best, closely followed by A Night At The Opera. I owe my father big time for introducing me to them so young.

Duck Soup has to be The Marx Brothers' best, closely followed by A Night At The Opera. I owe my father big time for introducing me to them so young.

agreed, i thank my parents for getting them on video, probably never would have heard of them otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back