Mark E Smith SPOKEN WORD PERFORMANCE in TRINITY COLLEGE (3 Viewers)

Yog-Soththoth waits below
-ah!
our hero goes back into the mountain
-ah!
woop woop woop woop!!!

Why would anyone want to go and see this has been "speak-word" to a group of dinner jacketed fools. Was Howard marks unavailable ?
or maybe you couldn't afford henry rollins' rider.
i dunno, another wasted educational opertunity.
h*

Also: This in't going to be a poncey suit gig. It's M.E.S. doing his poetry, and it will be cool. We're not trying to become the next Mike Murphy's. Kay?

B

Oh, right, I get it now Harvey.

You're that big white invisible rabbit that keeps following me around trying to PISS ME OFF

Hey burger, what the hell is going on in your piccy?
Is that baby suckling that goat?

just out of curiosity - why dont you mention that its a Poetry reading on any of the posters? spoken word, to me, suggests something else.
people could get very much the wrong idea when you put "mark e. smith" and "spoken word" in the same sentence - i mean my initial reaction was "Rant E. Rant"

andy

I'd imagine his poetry won't dissapoint in the rant department.

or rather

I'daahh imagineaaaaahhh hisaaaahh poetryaaahhh won't disaaahhh pointaaaahh in the rant hex who makes the McDonalds deapartmentaaahhhhhhh

Elle, style magizineaaaahh - indeed.

Hi again. Burgurrrrrrrr
The picture is of a baby being suckled by a goat, times were hard, and I don't really remember if she ever actually crapped on me.
We didn't mention poetry because "Spoken Word" seemed to be an obvious blanket term, seeing as he wasn't performing with the band, and Portrid didn't want to clutter the poster up too much. As it turned out, it wasn't just a rant, there were a lot of Fall lyrics and a lot of stuff from the "Post Nearly Man". And some new stuff. He's talking about doing a new one soon. And the band is coming back in November. Yus!
The other voice that was heard during the performance was his manager, Ed, by the way.
I'm going to bed now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back