Manitoba Vs Max Tundra (1 Viewer)

Peanuts

Website
Visit site
Tickets on sale for this in Road Recs right now. Don't miss it. It could well be the double-header of the year.

Foggy Notions presents...

a double headliner

MAX TUNDRA

(featuring Becky Jacobs)

MANITOBA

(full band set)

The Village (Wexford St)
Saturday April 05. 8.30pm

Tickets 14 euro plus booking fee from Road Records

Foggy Notions music magazine is proud to present an awesome double-headliner featuring two of modern music's true genre-busting mavericks. Max Tundra, aka Ben Jacobs released the ridiculously underrated Mastered By Guy at the Exchange LP on Domino Records last year, a beautiful snow shaker of old fashioned pop, electronic production, traditional instrumentation, storytelling, odd characters, disco moments, jazz moments, I could go on. His live shows featuring sister Becky on vocals and a suitcase for of gadgets and toys, are occasions of pure joy. To watch two people onstage emit such unadulterated enthusiasm for music is amazing. Last year's show in Whelans had the whole audience beaming with glee.

Manitoba's last live show in Dublin was at Wonky Deux at the Guinness Storehouse when the Canadian whiz put in a rocking lap-top set. Now Dan Snaith has outgrown the lap-top and developed a full live band set with drums, guitars, glockenspiel, acoustic guitar and whatnot. Manitoba's show features a synced up visual set from Dublin-based animation and design mob Del9 (who made ace videos for both Manitoba and Max Tundra). Manitoba releases his second album Up In Flames on March 31, the follow-up to the brilliant Start Breaking My Heart LP on Leaf and Domino. It will, no doubt, surprise many people with its lack of regard for electronica protocol (see above below for more info).

This one-off double-headliner takes place at the lovely new Village venue (beside Whelans) on Wexford St. We've been there and it sounds awesome.

Foggy Notions is a new glossy music magazine out the start of April with an exclusive Bonnie Prince Billy cover story and free cover mount CD of independent Irish music. Copies will be available at Manitoba/Max Tundra on April 05

Oooo... looking forward to this.

Murcof and Chequerboard are playing on the 20th April (that'd be Easter Sunday) in the same place.

Manitoba will win though. He is better than Max Tundra.

Oh... and DEAF. It's provisonally booked for the week of the 21st to the 27th October (that's the week leading up to and including the October bank holiday weekend). Apparently it's got some major sponsorship, so expect a lot of great things. Venues and all that are still to be sorted - I'd say it'll be the RDS, Croke Park and Lansdowne.

Terrible shame it's on the same night as that Thickos show though.

I can't wait for DEAF, it's gonna be the best.
I mean if last year is anything to go by, judging by the sponsorship this things gonna get, and considering some of the acts that are in the pipeline, it makes me all proud to know that something like this can happen in our city.

yes, i am a tad peeved about that too.

here, someone smarter than me invent some kind of bilocation technology before next week. ah go on.

Originally posted by minka

yes, i am a tad peeved about that too.

here, someone smarter than me invent some kind of bilocation technology before next week. ah go on.

Thanks for Dan's number "Minka". He got back to me and all.... hopefully the next Things zine issue will be quite cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back