Manhunt 2: BANNED (1 Viewer)

THRILLHO

Contributor
Website
www.lowbrowculture.com
SUCK IT, WII.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=77988
"Against this background, the Board's carefully considered view is that to issue a certificate to Manhunt 2, on either platform, would involve a range of unjustifiable harm risks, to both adults and minors, within the terms of the Video Recordings Act, and accordingly that its availability, even if statutorily confined to adults, would be unacceptable to the public."

The last game to be banned by the BBFC was Carmageddon in 1997. Publisher Rockstar has the right to appeal against the BBFC's decision.

Yeah I saw that. I bet it's not as good as Carmageddon either.

If it comes out over here we can make a fortune flogging it on ebay to people in the UK!

Down with this sort of thing. Has anyone here actually played Man Hunt? I read some reviews that said it was sensationalist drivel so stayed well clear, but I've since heard it's actually meant to be quite good...?

i thought it was gash. didn't play it for very long tho. mabye if your a sociopath you'd eventually get into it.

The first one was pretty deadly. Especially on Xbox, and especially if you played it with the headset. You play the game and there's this dude telling you what to do and who to kill, but if you've got the headset on, this all only comes in over the headset, which made the whole thing mad atmospheric. Then, to top it all off, the microphone on the headset worked in the game too, so if you made too much noise or breathed too heavily into the microphone, the bad guys would be able to hear you.

I wish more games did crazy shit like this.

Holy shit that sounds deadly Thrillo.

Emm. Here, what I wanted to ask was did anyone ever play a game here, and then go off thinknig they would really like to give someone a good killing?

Or a good driving over? Or... rob a car. Or something. Even just the mildest sneaking feeling. Ah sure, I could just rob that car there. What's the worst that can happen.
Anyone?

Apparently someone was pulled over in the US by the cops after trying to do a runner, and as they were dragged out of the car, and presumably battered about the place, were heard to say "it's much easier to get away from the cops in Grand Theft Auto".

Which is great. On all sorts of levels.

Hitman 3 and 4 caused me to dream violent and horrific stuff. Also, sometimes when walking down corridors of hotels or if I heard the music from the game I felt activated. Truthfully, though, these games don't make sane people kill / steal / do stupid shit. They influence those who are mentally unstable.. and maybe stupid kids.

Those nightmares, though. Wow.

actually.... good point.
I have had whacked out dreams from computer games.

I have also had dreams that I was inside a computer's operating system. Yeah.
I would like to say that it has no effect on people at all... and say those lads are fucking eejits for banning it, but, I sort of think that in some ways it does.

I still think it shouldn't be banned, that's a bit braindead. All the same though. Mad shit goes on in some of those games.

suppose Jack Thompson is gonna be moving here now... well there's always torrents which is no good for rockstar

I don't really buy into the whole "there are movies out there that are much worse" argument, when it comes to a game being banned. A book, a movie, a piece of music - they can certainly effect you but it's the whole simulation aspect that gives a game that little bit extra impact.

I don't agree with Manhunt 2 being banned, but I too have felt the "influence" of too much gaming. Empty hotel corridors will forever make me feel like I'm "on assignment". And maybe I am.

After playing the last Resident Evil I had mad urges to kill zombies (and people who resembled them...). I also started to fear a zombie apocalypse.

you do realise that one of the very first lines in that game is "he's not a zombie" ?

GOD.

They were ugly cunts, shuffling about, hell bent on killing and mumbling incoherently. Either they were drunk or they were ZOMBIES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back