man arrested for virtual muggings (1 Viewer)

zebra heart attack

gamers are getting pretty hardcore these days. i had heard crazy stories a while ago about chinese factories using workers to collect goods in online games and then selling the stuff on ebay. but this is just amazing...

"A man has been arrested in Japan on suspicion carrying out a virtual mugging spree by using software "bots" to beat up and rob characters in the online computer game Lineage II. The stolen virtual possessions were then exchanged for real cash."

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7865&feedId=online-news_rss20

Does anyone here online game? I played age of empires on a 56k modem once. Was slow but class.

Actually i might try that out again this evening...

I think I'd probably end up like that Korean dude who played games until he was no more if I got the xbox live up and running. but boy do I want to do it.

avernus said:
I think I'd probably end up like that Korean dude who played games until he was no more if I got the xbox live up and running. but boy do I want to do it.

damn right. i got winning eleven 9 (next pro ev) last week and cant stop playin it. me and the bro have been at each others throats on it.

its comin out on the 360, imagine the graphics! complete with online play.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Does anyone here online game? I played age of empires on a 56k modem once. Was slow but class.

Actually i might try that out again this evening...
No. I'm playing Neverwinter Nights at the moment and I could play it online but I have a slow connection and I don't really want to talk to weird American D&D folks.

frona said:
No. I'm playing Neverwinter Nights at the moment and I could play it online but I have a slow connection and I don't really want to talk to weird American D&D folks.
You could be the silent but deadly female killer gamer types that drives all the male nerds crazy with gameplay prowess... And lust.

hackers-angelina-jolie.jpg

Edit: Or not, like.

frona said:

NWN is bleedin massive isn't it?, took me ages to complete it , good game, apparently the expansions have better plots.

I wouldn't touch something like World of Warcraft even with the D&D uberhardcore types nerding it up i'd still get sucked in

http://media.putfile.com/Movie2887

1000smurfs said:
NWN is bleedin massive isn't it?, took me ages to complete it , good game, apparently the expansions have better plots.

I wouldn't touch something like World of Warcraft even with the D&D uberhardcore types nerding it up i'd still get sucked in

http://media.putfile.com/Movie2887
I know World of Warcraft RPGers. It's so weird talking to them. They talk about their gaming sessions like it was real stuff that happened :rolleyes: The ones who play futuristic ones sound even worse to people who don't get RPGs though. They're always on about the police or the army chasing them and then they go "my friend -he's like a half lizard man - jumps out of the helicopter and throws a few stun grenades at them! - ha ha" And everyone in the shop/on the street/in subway is staring at you. Nerds eh? Morto.

1000smurfs, you can get the expansions for Neverwinter for reeeeally cheap in Game at the minute. I must get them myself.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
You could be the silent but deadly female killer gamer types that drives all the male nerds crazy with gameplay prowess... And lust.

hackers-angelina-jolie.jpg

Edit: Or not, like.
Haha! My character used to be a big, smelly half-orc called Fiona Pox! Not the stuff of nerd dreams I think! Well, there may be some really pervy ones who are into orc ladies! Fiona Pox didn't work out (couldn't get good enough henchmen to compliment her) so now I'm playing as a pretty little human rogue. That's more like it for the nerd boys I'd say. (I can't pick pockets and disable traps in RL though)

frona said:
1000smurfs, you can get the expansions for Neverwinter for reeeeally cheap in Game at the minute. I must get them myself.

cool, cheers

anyone ever try an ARG ? ye'd need a lot of free time

1000smurfs said:
cool, cheers

anyone ever try an ARG ? ye'd need a lot of free time
That sounds really creepy. You wouldn't want to get into one of those with anyone of unsound mind. It could end up like those Brasilian D&D lads who really killed their friends if their character died in the game :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back