major label madness (1 Viewer)

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
http://www.intermusic.co.uk/article.asp?ReviewId=5709&ArticleTable=Features&FeatureType=FTR&Channel=GTR&PageNo=1

jeez sometimes you read these articles and wonder why the hell anyone would want to sign to a "major label" and how the hell the labels get away with it

nuts

[and please please no one post that dumb Steve Albini article... we've all read it, we all know Steve thinks majors suck... thanks in advance]

TEN THOUSAND POUNDS to get an album mastered? Fuck off

An old friend of mine signed a deal with Polygram, spent a few months recording in Windmill Lane (£100,000+), then Universal took over Polygram, everyone she knew in the company got fired, and she never got a release. Last I was talking to her (nearly 2 years ago now ...) she was waiting impatiently for the get-out clause in her contract to come up (if they didn't release by a certain date, the contract lapsed) so she could be free
She was pretty pissed off about the whole thing but she got to spend 3 months in a Windmill fucking Lane and got to not have a real job for quite a while ... would I swap 3 months working here for 3 months in a nice studio even if no record ever came out of it? Hmmmmm

egg_ (15 Apr, 2002 11:30 a.m.):
TEN THOUSAND POUNDS to get an album mastered? Fuck off

An old friend of mine signed a deal with Polygram, spent a few months recording in Windmill Lane (£100,000+), then Universal took over Polygram, everyone she knew in the company got fired, and she never got a release. Last I was talking to her (nearly 2 years ago now ...) she was waiting impatiently for the get-out clause in her contract to come up (if they didn't release by a certain date, the contract lapsed) so she could be free
She was pretty pissed off about the whole thing but she got to spend 3 months in a Windmill fucking Lane and got to not have a real job for quite a while ... would I swap 3 months working here for 3 months in a nice studio even if no record ever came out of it? Hmmmmm

Would I fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back