MacBook Pro - keyboard & trackpad not responding (1 Viewer)

meta

Website
www.visi.com
Having major problems with the keyboard and trackpad on my MacBook Pro, they just stopped working!!!....

It's just over a year old. I noticed a week ago when battery level got to 7%/10% it would freeze, until I charged it. Then all of a sudden nothing from the keyboard or track pad.

I tried a wireless mouse with it and it works, but still nothing from the keyboard. I removed the battery, just using external power and the keyboard and trackpad worked for a while but then nothing again.

When you take the battery out a small copper tape / wiring is exposed that connects the keyboard to the trackpad. I am now thinking this might be damaged and causing the problem.

Any help appreciated.....

Similar thing happened with my trusty old Powerbook G4

Total freeze. Fans would go haywire. All you could do was pull out the mains and the battery to shut it off as nothing else responded.

Found that working off the mains without the battery attached gave you a couple more hours before all hell broke loose...

Not a huge help to you, but it would suggest a battery problem.

I did a bit of searching online and it does seem to be a battery / hardware problem. One guy suggests:

THE SOLUTION:

This is a HARDWARE problem!

After playing around with removing the battery and noticing that this often returned functionality to the keyboard I surmised that this had some sort of physical aspect.
Sure enough, there is a section of copper colored tape/wiring exposed in the batter slot that is slightly bowed where it's smallest.
When I depressed this with my finger tip on this portion to basically flatten it out flush against the housing; I found that all functionality was restored!

You can see the portion in the picture below.

MBPFIX.jpg

I haven’t had any problems AT ALL since I took a piece of napkin and taped it down to sustain pressure on this portion of bowed tape/wiring.

Cool.

Saw a similar sort of solution to my Powerbook problem. A cable being squashed somewhat by something.

My solution was to buy a new Macbook

i've had good experiences with apple when trying to get things fixed out of warranty. Got a battery replaced and a power cable, both because they were known issues. Try them and see if they can sort it free of charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back