Lucid Dreams (1 Viewer)

Skrankio-X

Website
www.myspace.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

Anyone ever try this?

I did it loads a few years ago but got out of the habit, plus my sleep patterns are gone to shit, which doesn't help. Had some bizarre experiences to say the least with LDs, and also sleep paralysis, false awakenings etc, and I know some people who claim to have natural Lucid Dreams and even out of body experiences regularly (which they guess are LDs). Interesting stuff...

I should say I don't go for vague tree-fancier horseshit at all, so I hate to see Lucid Dreams associated with nonsense like crystal handling or whatever. It's not a thing you'd mention to everybody because most people look at you as if you had shit in your hair if you mention it - which is a pity.

used to have loads back in the day, when i was smoking dope, use to feel myself floating out of my body, and waking up and not being able to move. scary and cool.

I used to have lucid dreams a lot. At one point I could stop what was happening and basically rewind it and make something else happen if I didn't like the way the dream was going. I don't have them much any more though.

I could stop what was happening and basically rewind it and make something else happen if I didn't like the way the dream was going. I don't have them much any more though.

I can still do that. Always have been able to, I thought it was how everyone dreamed. Sometimes I can't control or influence my dreams and when that happens I get quite anxious, in my sleep. It's a weird feeling.

I can still do that. Always have been able to, I thought it was how everyone dreamed. Sometimes I can't control or influence my dreams and when that happens I get quite anxious, in my sleep. It's a weird feeling.

Yeah I was exactly the same. I didn't realise it was unusual at all.

Yeah I was exactly the same. I didn't realise it was unusual at all.

Yis are lucky! I can do it now the odd time, but I can do it every night when I actively try.

Do you ever experiment with it though? Like making up a character and asking it questions, walking through walls, flying, making portals, dieing etc.

Yis are lucky! I can do it now the odd time, but I can do it every night when I actively try.

Do you ever experiment with it though? Like making up a character and asking it questions, walking through walls, flying, making portals, dieing etc.

When I was a kid I did all my "day dreaming" while I was asleep. I'd decide what I wanted to dream before I went to sleep, kinda like chosing a book to read or a movie to watch.

Flying I've done (as Peter Pan), dying wouldn't appeal at all... I've halted and rewritten dreams where dying seemed likely if they continued the way they were going.

I have had sleep paralysis, including one time in work and I used to lucid dream quite a bit. Not so much any more. I had a dream the other night I was in Bob Cullen's house in Manhattan and he had a room full of banjaxed player pianos.

A friend of mine does this.... he's having alot of trouble sleeping though. he said it knocks sleep patterns out very easily. Keeps waking up from normal sleep suddenly alot

I usually am lucid dreaming, as in I know it's a dream, whever I have nightmares. However I haven't got the hang of controlling where the dream goes, and even though I know it's a dream I'm still scared so it doesn't really do me any good.

I've never tried training to do it properly with controlling the dreams and all that, because I felt like I wouldn't be getting a good nights sleep if I did, but apparetnly you do it by practicing controlling those small little scraps of dreams you get when you're mid way between being awake and asleep. I guy I know was going to lend me a book about it but then he emigrated.

I'm half thinking of tying to learn it but couldn't be arsed.

I found my control got better the more I tried. More important is staying focused and not slipping back into regular dreaming and then sleep. Too much excitement can wake you up too which is what makes having LD sex difficult (the first time I tried that the girl's face changed at the speed of thought - what does that say?)

I always wanted to try getting my head chopped off or something but haven't grown the balls to try yet.

I was reading on some comic artist's site that she has a word she uses in her dreams to make herself invisible. Since she writes gothic horror I suppose that enables her to "watch" the spooky scary stuff and get some inspiration without feeling at risk from the scaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back