Loop stations...advice required (2 Viewers)

treesurgeon

Have just began researching loop stations for creating loops during live performance. The first to cross my eye was this one by Boss...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22669&item=3747366823&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Has anyone been using one? Any models to recommend?

I'm also looking for a delay foot pedal with a repeater function that does so with just a click of the foot switch, the effect goes on and on...not like the Digitech model where you must hold down on the switch. Apparently, it's purple. This bit may make no sense, if so walk on.

Byebs.

e_16DD.gif

http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=%2FCatalog%2F01%5FComing%5FSoon%2F03%5F16%5FSecond%5FDelay

e_DeluxeMemoryMan.jpg

http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=%2FCatalog%2F09%5FReverb%5F%26%5FDelay%2F14%5FDeluxe%5FMemory%5FMan

The Boss RC-20 is probably the best I've used. About 5 mins of total sampling time and easy to use. Holds all samples in memory unlike the Line 6 version which loses everything once you unplug it, has limited sampling time and is trickier to use but it does have some other really nice functions like delay built in.
As delay pedals go you can't get much better than the Boss dd6 which has the one touch hold fuction and loads of other nice extras. Have heard really good things about the AKAI headrush delay - the guy from Don Caballero uses 2 of them. Those Electro-Harmonix memory man pedal's are useless compared to a lot of others I've used, depends on what your looking for I guess...

1950's said:
The Boss RC-20 is probably the best I've used. About 5 mins of total sampling time and easy to use. Holds all samples in memory unlike the Line 6 version which loses everything once you unplug it, has limited sampling time and is trickier to use but it does have some other really nice functions like delay built in.
As delay pedals go you can't get much better than the Boss dd6 which has the one touch hold fuction and loads of other nice extras. Have heard really good things about the AKAI headrush delay - the guy from Don Caballero uses 2 of them. Those Electro-Harmonix memory man pedal's are useless compared to a lot of others I've used, depends on what your looking for I guess...
The memoryman in analogue though. More echo than delay...
Good if you want to sound like Mad Professor.

Saw the Loop Station at the music market here. Well above the price I'd pay. You can haggle, but they can laugh.

Picked up Boss reverb and the 0S-2 pedals for next to nothing though. What brand sare nice and cheap apart from Boss? I've heard Danelectro, but they don't seem to do exactly what is said on the box.

And as for Boss...anyone use the DD-3 Delay or the Tremolo TR-2? Recommendsss?

All these questions..you'd almost think I had a guitar...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back