Looking for space for a darkroom ... (1 Viewer)

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
I am thinking about trying to set up a darkroom somewhere. No real room for it where I live so am thinking about trying to rent some kind of space to use as one. It strikes me that there must be all sorts of places around town that could be suitable. It's not unlike a band rehearsal room except (a) a lot less room is needed (b) it has to be lightproof but not soundproof and (c) it has to be plumbed.

I would be willing to pay a monthly rent on the basis of getting a few others to split/share it with me and would get hold of all the equipment needed ...

Anyone got any ideas for me? Some artists collective that have a room they are not using? Some small room with a sink that is not being used for anything else?

Doesn't the Dublin Camera Club allow access to their darkrooms for the membership fee? Creating your own would be expensive... buying an enlarger and keeping good stock of chemicals, etc.

http://www.cmn.ie/cmnsitenew/directory/photodir.htm

Also http://galleryofphotography.ie/darkrooms.html

Yeah but you have to join the Camera Club to use it .... I dunno about that to be honest. And you have to wait a while before they let you use the room.

Gallery of Photography is fine. I was in there today actually. But, you are pretty restricted in terms of the times you can use it. No evenings for example.

Buying the equipment is a one-off expense, though an expensive expense admittedly. Actually it's not that expensive - people are practically giving this stuff away these days. Anyway, I fantasize about moving to a country pile someday and having outbuildings that I could then house it in.

cj_043.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back