Links for places to send music to be reviewed, sold, etc. (1 Viewer)

I would think zine writers would be a good place to start!!
they would be if there were any regular zines on the go, but barring Loserdom and Night of The Locust, I can't think of any (I haven't forgotten Devil on 45, but Ed doesn't really review records so much?).

Fact:Ireland needs a music based zine again, there's been a massive hole left by the dissapearance of UFC.

try and get in contact with billy riot. i dont have a contact for him at the moment but im sure someone would. he writes a belfast based zine called riot on your own.

hes done a few for us in the past year

To try and reduce the pile of Moutpiece Lps in the Septic's box room I think he is seeking tips on where to send it or Mp3 copies so we might actually sell some copies- ie big circulation zines in Europe and the USA, decent websites etc... maybe an existing label runner has a contact list? Good start there from Linden, thanks.

i would easily do a national Irish punk/h/c zine, but i don't have any money. if labels paid for ads, maybe a couple of fund raising gigs to get the ball rolling, then i would be up for it.

any interest?

I think an electronic one would rock.Print it out yourself.With a link to download a comp with the acts featured so you could listen while you read the reviews.

Mel,how about starting it off as a newsletter type thing? Or just running off a handful as you need them on a photocopier?

Yeah, I could do that. Get the ball rolling.
I take it there's shops situated around Ireland that would take some etc.

The pdf thing sounds interesting too.

Any good names for a national Irish punk h/c zine?

if you scan it in and post it up here its good cos a good few people get to see it, i have loads of bits and peices sitting about for zines but its so expensive to fotocopy in belfast that to break even id have have to ask for so much that noone would buy it. which is a ballix. was thinking of just doing a double sided big sheet folded up cos i saw someone had them at a gig somewhere. nothing like stealing ideas off you resourceful southern folk.

Yeah, I could do that. Get the ball rolling.
I take it there's shops situated around Ireland that would take some etc.

The pdf thing sounds interesting too.

Any good names for a national Irish punk h/c zine?

Eirecore the zine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back