Link these bands in four steps or less... (2 Viewers)

wrafter

Website
www.wrafter.com
Was doing some mindless downloading and listening tonight and got from Kings of Convenience to Primal Scream in four steps, through three other acts/artists.

What's the musical chain, can anyone guess?

Kings of Convenience > ? > ? > ? > Primal Scream

Primal Scream's Bobby Gillespie enjoys the music of Gary Glitter, who inspired the Norwegian Prime Minister to legalise poppers among Norwegian kids, who enjoy listening to Kings of Convenience.

Jaysus lads... that's fierce bitter. For a Friday mornin' and all. I don't claim to like Primal Scream, though I do like KoC... but it is a game after all.

wrafter said:
Jaysus lads... that's fierce bitter. For a Friday mornin' and all. I don't claim to like Primal Scream, though I do like KoC... but it is a game after all.
Only joking.
I bet the Stone Roses play a role in this. Something to do with Mani being in Primal Scream and in the Stone Roses with Ian Brown who has probably something to do with Kings of Convenience. If not Ian Brown, then John Squire. Or maybe the other one - Rennie or Pennie or Jennie or Lennie or Kennie or Mennie or Fennie or something or other.

Anyone remember The Seahorses? John Squire's old band that was fronted by a busker he met on the street one day. They were an awful, awful band. They're "hit" was a feedback rendition of The Housemartin's "Caravan of Love" with a spoken-word performance over it. Bizarre!

Go away, newbie, goon, go away! You need permission to post here first. ;-)

@Allothers - take it from the KoC side first, might be easier - at least that's the direction I came from.

wrafter said:
take it from the KoC side first, might be easier - at least that's the direction I came from.
OOOHHHH.... Why didn't you say so before, now it's obvious:

Kings of Convenience > Napalm Death > Beyonce > Primal Scream.

Tchuh! That was easy. Give us a real challenge!

Doing this with your own band is a barrel of laughs too. We can be linked to the Swans in a mere ten and a half steps, or something like that.

As much as I hate my brain for knowing this....

Kings of Convenience ---->Erland Oye from KOC's DJ Kicks has a Phoenix remix ----> Phoenix are on the Lost in Translation Sountrack which also features Kevin Shields -----> Who was a member of the Primal Scream touring band.

Now can I just die in peace?

Nice. Not what I had in mind, but nice.

I've posted this conundrum on another site, and someone there came up with this: (Again it wasn't what I had in mind).

Kings Of Convenience are led by Erlend Oye
Erlend Oye recently did a DJ Kicks CD.
Carl Craig also did a DJ Kicks.
Carl Craig remixed Throbbing Gristle.
So did Two Lone Swordsmen of which Weatherall is a member.

Here's another couple of them:

Bikini Kill > Le Tigre (9 steps or less)

Nirvana > Foo Fighters (12 steps or less)

The Beatles > John Lennon & Plastic Ono Band (27 steps or less, no 'has toured with' bullshit links)

Crosby, Stills & Nash > Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (142 steps or less, no 'has longer hair than' or 'was once going out with' links allowed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back