Leaving Dublin Photography Project (1 Viewer)

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
A friend of mine, David Monahan, is doing a big photography project that aims to document the current wave of emigration. Basically he does night-time portraits of people who are leaving the country - these are done in some location around Dublin where the person lived, or worked, or just likes for some reason. Tons of examples at the link below ...

http://thelillipution.blogspot.com/

He is constantly looking for more people to take part so if you, or someone you know, is leaving the country and would like a really cool photographic portrait done before you go, then get in touch with him. There is an email address on his blog there or else just pm me and I'll hook you up with him.

Some enterprising individual should do a follow-up to this series of photos, like showing the Irish getting shit faced in Bondi, fighting on the street, etc. Would be a lovely contrast.

A friend of mine, David Monahan, is doing a big photography project that aims to document the current wave of emigration. Basically he does night-time portraits of people who are leaving the country - these are done in some location around Dublin where the person lived, or worked, or just likes for some reason. Tons of examples at the link below ...

http://thelillipution.blogspot.com/

He is constantly looking for more people to take part so if you, or someone you know, is leaving the country and would like a really cool photographic portrait done before you go, then get in touch with him. There is an email address on his blog there or else just pm me and I'll hook you up with him.

Great idea. Photos look good.

Its a great idea. he should man up and call it 'leaving ireland' though.

Yeah, I think the fact that it is concentrated on Dublin is more a matter of logistics than anything else .. it's obviously a nationwide phenomenon.

I have to go to Waterford for one night in a few weeks. I'll be distraught. I'll be all like

"I never thought it'd come to this, but the way it's gone I've no option. My girlfriend has to go down so I said I'd go with her for the night like, you know how it is cheap hotels n' all you can make shite of the place and each other and then get the bus home with some free soap and a few towels, I'm mostly going to miss the sense of pride and obnoxiousness that I have when I prominade down the wide city streets mildly in fear of lunatics and mildy threatening the locals, Ah Dublin how I love thee."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back