LAZYBIRD@ANSEO:: Daniel Figgis:: Sunday, March 9th (1 Viewer)

nEiLo

Website
www.lazybird.org
LAZYBIRD
Sunday, March 9th, 8:30pm 'til closing
Anseo (upstairs), 18 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2

This Sunday we've got, well, not exactly a première, but a preview of a première...

DANIEL FIGGIS will be the curator of the Snakes & Ladders 2008 event,taking place at the World Financial Center on the 16th and 17th of this month in New York City, and he'll be debuting his commissioned piece "Daniel Figgis' PHOTO-FINISH (with shortcuts)" there.

It's been quite a while since Figgis graced the Lazybird stage, and we're glad to be, ahem, "secretly" hosting a live rehearsal ("and", as Daniel puts it, "all and nothing that that implies...") of "PHOTO-FINISH (with shortcuts)", performed by Daniel and collaborators Amoebazoid, Linda Buckley, Deep Burial, Vincent Doherty, Educution, Richard G. Evans, Brian
O hUiginn and Toirse.

Daniel has been a mainstay of the Dublin (and international, for that matter) experimental music scene for, well, quite a long time now. He's been active since the heady days of post-punk, both in groups,collaborative efforts and as a solo artist. Music, multimedia, art installations...you name it, he's probably done it at some point.

For those lucky enough to find themselves in the Big Apple on Paddy's Day weekend, you'll be able to see the actual world premiere at Snakes & Ladders 2008 - March 15 "through" 17, as well as a truckload of Ireland's best contemporary composers: not just the above mentioned performers, but also Roger Doyle, General Practise, The Green Time Ensemble, Somadrone and a sound-installation from Spectac.

Or check in with Second Life.

UPCOMING GIGS
Okay, all of the following were supposed to be in the Boom Boom Room, but due to Conway's being closed until further notice, some may end up happening in Murray's (the venue formerly known as Frazer's) at 34/35 O'Connell Street. We'll let you know when we do...

We can say that A HAWK AND A HACKSAW will be playing in CRAWDADDY with support from Wildbirds & Peacedrums (Leaf) and Chequerboard.

29 March: James Blackshaw, Jozef van Wissem, Cian Nugent
19 April: Peter Walker
26 April: The Flower/Corsano Duo, Thread Pulls, Magnetize
11 May: A Hawk and a Hacksaw,Wildbirds & Peacedrums, Chequerboard in CRAWDADDY.

And don't forget that Chequerboard's new album on the Lazybird label, "Penny Black", is now available in the shops, and that he'll be playing two Dublin support gigs on the launch tour, in The Button Factory on May 2nd with Ulrich Schnauss, and the above gig with A Hawk and a Hacksaw.

LAZYBIRD RADIO
As if that weren't enough, our weekly Radio-Inactivity show will be webbing its way to your computers as per usual this Sunday from 6 to 7:30pm. It'll be at http://www.powerfm.org, and it'll be Simon making his debut this week.
Tune in, turn up, drone on.

We can say that A HAWK AND A HACKSAW will be playing in CRAWDADDY with support from Wildbirds & Peacedrums (Leaf) and Chequerboard.

11 May: A Hawk and a Hacksaw,Wildbirds & Peacedrums, Chequerboard in CRAWDADDY.

Great, if it happens. You can't blame people for being cynical at this stage though. If it happens I'll be there, but I'll believe it when I see it.

That Chequerboard album is beautiful. I love it.

Great, if it happens. You can't blame people for being cynical at this stage though. If it happens I'll be there, but I'll believe it when I see it.

The previous cancellations had nothing to do with Lazybird or the band. You have no reason to be cynical.

The previous cancellations had nothing to do with Lazybird or the band. You have no reason to be cynical.

I thought their not turning up to support Final Fantasy was over some hissy fit that Jeremy Barnes threw? Or was I misinformed?

I know their own gigs being cancelled wasn't their own fault, but that they haven't played at all since that Calexico gig is rather disappointing.

Anyway, like I say, hopefully this time.....

Any idea what time Flower Corsano will be over at/on stage at? I want to see Why? that night too, expected to be on around 11 upstairs in Whelans. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back