Lazybird:10//07/05 Hulk album launch w/ support from Jimmy Behan (1 Viewer)

nEiLo

Website
www.lazybird.org
Yo,
This Sunday at Lazybird we are hosting the launch of Hulk's "Silver thread of ghosts" album on Osaka records. Jimmy Behan will be returning to Lazybird to lend some support on the night.
Seeyiz there,

Lazybird

HULK

- Silver thread of Ghosts album launch www.osaka.ie

Jimmy Behan

8.30pm
€5

Hulk:
Hulk is Dublin artist Thomas Haugh, who uses a combination of organic and electronic processed sound with live instrumentation to produce atmospheric and expansive music, at times plaintive and brooding and at other times uplifting. Over the past three years Hulk has released material on UK labels Statoic Caravan, Expanding and Melodic, as well as contributing to some on-line compilation projects.

Debut album Silver thread of Ghosts is the result of one and a half years’ work. It’s thematically based around notions of memory and travel. Described by the artist as a series of postcards from the last ten years or so, of my life..., the album title is drawn from these themes as well as describing the process of making the music;

“...by taking a sound I’ve recording, and following it like a thread, ‘til it takes some kind of shape...”.

Jimmy Behan
Jimmy is somewhat of a veteran on the Irish electronic scene at this point. His tracks have previously surfaced on several compilations, Slanted and Enchanted, Synergia 1 + 2, Ballroom of Romance 5, Lazybird 1, Foggy Notions, a 12" EP for Kin Recordings and a split 7" for Road Relish. 2004 saw the release of his debut album "Days are what we live in" to favourable reviews (check it out here).

Jimmy has collaborated with and remixed both Nina Hynes and Alphastates, and made regular live appearances, among them support slots for Four Tet, Lali Puna, Caribou, Murcof, plus bookings for Mor 2004 and The Big Chill 2002.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Check out the lazybird radio show on Power FM every Sunday from 6pm to 7.30pm (GMT)
(Listen to last weeks show with Emmet and Paul here)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

July 17th: Richer Than Astronauts
July 24th: Cousin Elias
www.lazybird.org

image:
hulk_lazybird.gif

Thanks to all who came down for this, and to Jimmy and the Hulk lads & lass for playing. Next week, we've got Richer Than Astronauts down at the club.

Due to the other Lazyfowl being occupied yesterday evening, I got to do the Power FM show myself, and so I indulged myself with a bit of industrial/grindcore/art metal/whatever:

Scraping Foetus off the Wheel, "I'll Meet You in Poland, Baby" (Self Immolation)
Throbbing Gristle, "Very Friendly" (Yeaah!)
Neurosis & Jarboe, "His Last Words" (Neurot)
Swans, "Our Love Lies" (Caroline)
Godflesh, "Wounds" (Earache)
Pailhead, "Don't Stand in Line" (Wax Trax!)
Helmet, "Unsung" (Interscope)
Lightning Bolt, "Hello Morning/Assassins" (Load)
Jesu, "We All Faulter" (Hydra Head)
Isis, "Wills Dissolve" (Ipecac)
Oxbow, "Insane Asylum" (SST)
Sunn O))), "Hell-O))) Ween" (Southern Lord)

You can hear the archived show here:

http://217.115.112.58/www.powerfm.org_LazyBird_Jul_10_2005.wma

Mossy and either Neil or Emmet will be doing the show next week, at 6pm-7:30pm on http://www.powerfm.org.

Thanks, Paul

photon said:
Scraping Foetus off the Wheel, "I'll Meet You in Poland, Baby" (Self Immolation)
Throbbing Gristle, "Very Friendly" (Yeaah!)
Neurosis & Jarboe, "His Last Words" (Neurot)
Swans, "Our Love Lies" (Caroline)
Godflesh, "Wounds" (Earache)
Pailhead, "Don't Stand in Line" (Wax Trax!)
Helmet, "Unsung" (Interscope)
Lightning Bolt, "Hello Morning/Assassins" (Load)
Jesu, "We All Faulter" (Hydra Head)
Isis, "Wills Dissolve" (Ipecac)
Oxbow, "Insane Asylum" (SST)
Sunn O))), "Hell-O))) Ween" (Southern Lord)

Zounds!

Was sorry to miss this last night, was kidnapped by the rellies and made to drink beer watching the sun set.

Listening to the Hulk album today (thanks Patrick) and I think it's amazing. The production is so good and the arrangements are just lovely.

Christ, that's a lot of gushing for one post, but feck, the sun's been out all day and I'm in a good mood.

Shit, if i'd know about this i'd probably have gone to it, and i don't go outdoors. Is this the first hulk album? the only thing i've ever heard is the static caravan single from a few years back which i liked lots.

Anyone hear the new Hulk album 'Rise Of A Mystery Tide' yet?

Know if he's playing any shows to pimp it?

Haven't seen it around town so bit the bullet and handed over the €18 today.

Tenner sterling on Norman Records though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back