Last call for demos (4 Viewers)

Wick Records

Website
Visit site
Due to the disapointing standard of demos recieved so far we are putting out one last call for demos- from anyone- bands,solo artists,djs(that make their own stuff)!

Please,
We are convinced there must be some talent somewhere on this island- its up to you to draw our attention to it!!!

Please send to:

Sara Gunn / Stephen McGirr
C/O
Outlet Recording Co.Ltd.
15-21 Gordon Street
Belfast

We also offer promotion and help with tours!

Please email for details : [email protected]

there's plenty of good bands around but alot are happy doing their own thing. what do you want the demos for? putting on gigs? releasing records?

Its a record label we are running.
We are running this label to release records and do promotion.
We have funding, premises, free studio use etc. but no acts.
We have had over 40 demos- 99% shite!

we are not doing this for money , in fact both of us have just bought new computers for the project, we are doing it because we love music. But we cant do this without your help.
we are not going to make money in the foreseeable future but we would settle for the satisfaction of releasing decent music.

Any q's-email [email protected]

Regards,

Sara n Stephen

Originally posted by Wick Records
[email protected]

Regards,

Sara n Stephen
What kind of studio do you have? Is it 8, 16 or 32 track or what? Do you use a Pro-Tools setup or Cubase 5 or something. I'm interested. Sure I'll email ye.

we are not doing this for money , in fact both of us have just bought new computers for the project, we are doing it because we love music. But we cant do this without your help.
we are not going to make money in the foreseeable future but we would settle for the satisfaction of releasing decent music.

Any q's-email [email protected]

Regards,

Sara n Stephen

don't mean to be a bollix but if you're not in it for the money and just want to release stuff you like then you could do worse than check out a few gigs and mp3's and approach the bands you'd like to record?

..yeah I got an email from these guys saying that you have to pay them to promote you demmo around a hundred €' s a month for a couple of phone calls....not as exciting as first I thought and no mention of the studio neither,,,

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..yeah I got an email from these guys saying that you have to pay them to promote you demmo around a hundred €' s a month for a couple of phone calls....not as exciting as first I thought and no mention of the studio neither,,,

Rilly? Would Wick Records like to clear that up while we're on topic?

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
....yeah I got an email from these guys saying that you have to pay them to promote you demmo around a hundred €' s a month for a couple of phone calls.... not as exciting as first I thought and no mention of the studio neither

more walsh's in albini's clothing? my faith in humanity sinks further...

not that albini doesn't like the oul green wodge either buh

..here is a section of their "offer"

Promotional Package One:

Your demo and a press release sent to 20 radio stations in England and Ireland – a follow up call to each and every one as well, to make sure someone has taken notice of it!

Your demo and press release sent to 20 demo reviewers / relevant journalists/publications.
Follow up as well.

Internet advertising on various websites.
(Including our own once it’s up and running!!)

A fortnightly email from myself about what I have done for you this fortnight and including any feedback.

I am setting up a few links with English band sites to try and organize gigs so if you chose our promotion then you will definitely get more gigs out of it.

After March, Wick Recordings will be holding gigs of our own, exclusively featuring our signed acts and promoted acts so again, more gigs.

Your gigs submitted to local/national papers and internet sites. (Including NME,Hotpress etc.)
£80 for 3 months / 125 Euro

neeeerrrrr..

Hang on a minute,

The Label will be releasing records and doing promotion for bands that we sign.

We are also offering the option for bands that we dont sign to take up the offer of help with promotion which is a bit more than a couple of phonecalls if you have read it properly. The prices are based on allowances for postage, phonecalls, faxes etc. Its actually pretty reasonable- why else have we taken on 6 bands for promo work only???

The studio is owned by Outlet (the label that we work for) and at the minute it's very busy so we are only offering studio time to bands we sign. its common practice. In the future we will be offering the studio out for rental for unsigned bands.

Anything else?

Hang on a minute,

The Label will be releasing records and doing promotion for bands that we sign.

We are also offering the option for bands that we dont sign to take up the offer of help with promotion which is a bit more than a couple of phonecalls if you have read it properly. The prices are based on allowances for postage, phonecalls, faxes etc. Its actually pretty reasonable- why else have we taken on 6 bands for promo work only???

The studio is owned by Outlet (the label that we work for) and at the minute it's very busy so we are only offering studio time to bands we sign. its common practice. In the future we will be offering the studio out for rental for unsigned bands.

Anything else?

actually that's all quite fair. but still ideally it shouldn't be that hard to find a couple of bands that you'd like to 'sign' without relying on demos.

Aye. Assuming they're up the north though, it's gotta be harder to get down to these parts and catch gigs. Mind you, if I was running a label (god forbid) I'd do it the go-to-gigs route. All in all, there's no harm in asking for demos ; you might find something great.

Thanks Conor!

Admittedly we should have been out for the last 6 months watching bands and stuff but i have been in and out of hospital and am only now fully recovered so am only going to see acts now.

We have a few visits planned to see various bands live to check them out.

We are just hoping that maybe some little person has been recording in their bedrooms and not gigging or out and about in the local scene but is producing great things and maybe hasnt sent stuff off before etc .
We want to smacked in the face with a sound that is original , energetic , fresh and raw.
Know what i mean?

Cheers,
Sara

We want to smacked in the face with a sound that is original , energetic , fresh and raw.

well, there's plenty of that going on. not sure if any of it is any good ;)
ahh no seriously - g'luk with it. I see outlet do irish trad stuff so i presume yiz are taking care of homegrown contemporary stuff. fair play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back