land of the dead teaser (1 Viewer)

SONYMEGADRIVE

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/georgearomeroslandofthedead.html

not overly impressed....willing to reserve judgement...but...
looks like some Aliens shit with that retarded missile mobile
dennis hopper is a plus...or possibly a huge minus...
zombies seem angry + intelligent...i think this is supposidly to fit in with the theories of zombie intelligence in Day...

what is up with that 'let the bodies hit the floor' sounding bullshit in the background?? obviously the world is far too gone to ever allow italian prog in a hollywood movie..but fucks sake

i can't even tell if this thing is set in the future or not.

nah, they wont be doing any running.. read an interview with Romero and the running is what he hated most about the remake

i think it looks a bit too glossy from what i could see.. and all the previous movies have been made with relative unknowns, which just works much better in a film like that

and i doubt it'll be as gory as day of the dead, seeing as though there's a lot of studio money behind it.

the whole zombies with machine guns thing appeared in the original script for day of the dead, as the zombie were supposed to become more aware and start organizing themselves into groups. i'm glad this end up in the finished film as zombies just work better if they're mongos

we'll just have to wait and see

Romero has never ever seen Zombie Flesh Eaters.. i find that really funny as wouldn't you be at least curious to see a film that was intended to be a prequel to something you made. unless he's lyin

i still have nightmares about Day of the Dead. they're really strange dreams where i actually find myself in the movie so i know whats coming up and know the zombies are gonna get in a scoff everyone. so, i can safely say its the film that fucked with my head more than any other. the first time i saw it was in 88 and it took me about three or four attempts over two days to watch it all. funnily enough, my first turn off point was the "Steele... shoot that woman" scene. for some reason Rhodes just scared the fuck out of me

shure isn't he more zombie that the zombies themselves!

hopefully dennis hopper will give us some "texas chainsaw massacre 2" style hilarity...

but then, i dont want hilarity from a Romero movie, i got enough of that from Monkey Shines...

i dunno, its like, i cant imagine one of romero's living dead movies with all the gloss of modern movies... they're supposed to be all grimy, with unknown actors.

however, i reckon they'll deliver with the gore. i mean, the director's cut of the Remake of DOD is sweet!

Bring back the eery synthesisers of dawn of the dead I say! Also interesting to note is that the good folk behind the dawn of the dead remake have been given the green light to do a sequel. they were originally gonna remake day of the dead but considering day of the dead kinda sucked it seemed a better idea not to....

:rolleyes: Best weapon against a zombie is a Shaolin spade!

No its true, they're in pre-production right now!
And come on, day of the dead on its own is a brilliant scary film but compared with the other two....it doesn't come close to the edginess of dawn and the revolutionary night of the living dead! From the stereotype Irish guy who blesses himself and takes a swig of whiskey to the tackiness of the "mad scientist" day seems lazy in comparrison. It wouldn't transfer well into a remake and since so many people got so touchy about the dawn remake, a brand new film that won't be critiscised for fast zombies and not conforming to plots that seemed good in the 80's seems a much more logical choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back