LAKKER (feat MC JEN) @ Lazybird 5th June 2005 (1 Viewer)

nEiLo

Website
www.lazybird.org
lakker.gif

This Sunday sees the return of LAKKER to Lazybird
They will be preview some new material featuring
MC JEN

Doors @ 9 (we're open late this Sunday!)
Adm @ €5

Lakker and Jen will be popping into the studio before the show. Point your browser to www.powerfm.org this Sunday @ 6pm (until 7.30pm) for the LAZYBIRD show.

Lakker are dublin based musicians Eomac and Dara. They have been involved in electronic music for a number of years as the Undermine Djs, Eomac, and as part of the four piece Undermine. After the last gig with this band at DEAF 2003, they decided to write as a two-piece under the name Lakker. Their music is a mash up of various different styles and influences- anything from Miles Davis to Mike Paradinas. The emphasis is on new exciting sounds and emotive electronic music.

In the past they have played alongside Andrew Weatherall, Kid 606, Andrea Parker and Decal, among others. They have played as Lakker at Repeater in Bodkins, Undercurrent at the Project Arts Centre, and did a live soundtrack to Ron Fricke's 'Baraka' at Neuromantek Sessions.

They also write and record as the Suburban Cutting Champions, their hardcore/rave alter egos.

For more, including audio clips, visit http://www.lakker.com

www.lazybird.org

Next week we have DECAL (at long last)
June 19th: Neotropic
June 26th: Oak & Duck Duck Grey Duck
July 3rd: David Grubbs (yes David Grubbs)

David Grubbs? What the fuck?
It's going to be packed - have you never heard of Hillsborough?

billygannon said:
David Grubbs? What the fuck?
It's going to be packed - have you never heard of Hillsborough?

maybe it will. think we might do a ticket only thing for this... then again... maybe not

Grubbs was boring last time I saw him.
Hope it goes well anyway.

J, so do u want to go to Sly & Robbie or wha? Hate to wash my dirty linen in public but it has come to this.

yeh, I had to leave half way through their set. Busy lads this weekend, playing a party tonight, down in arklow tomorrow night and then lazy bird on sunday. Sher theyll be worn out so they will...

nEiLo said:
lakker.gif

This Sunday sees the return of LAKKER to Lazybird
They will be preview some new material featuring
MC JEN

Doors @ 9 (we're open late this Sunday!)
Adm @ €5

Lakker and Jen will be popping into the studio before the show. Point your browser to www.powerfm.org this Sunday @ 6pm (until 7.30pm) for the LAZYBIRD show.

Lakker are dublin based musicians Eomac and Dara. They have been involved in electronic music for a number of years as the Undermine Djs, Eomac, and as part of the four piece Undermine. After the last gig with this band at DEAF 2003, they decided to write as a two-piece under the name Lakker. Their music is a mash up of various different styles and influences- anything from Miles Davis to Mike Paradinas. The emphasis is on new exciting sounds and emotive electronic music.

In the past they have played alongside Andrew Weatherall, Kid 606, Andrea Parker and Decal, among others. They have played as Lakker at Repeater in Bodkins, Undercurrent at the Project Arts Centre, and did a live soundtrack to Ron Fricke's 'Baraka' at Neuromantek Sessions.

They also write and record as the Suburban Cutting Champions, their hardcore/rave alter egos.

For more, including audio clips, visit http://www.lakker.com

www.lazybird.org

Next week we have DECAL (at long last)
June 19th: Neotropic
June 26th: Oak & Duck Duck Grey Duck
July 3rd: David Grubbs (yes David Grubbs)

THIS LOOKS EXCELENT: YER ONE JEN IS SOMETHING SPECIAL, JUDGING BY THE SET AT RVW IN APRIL

Wavioli said:
yeh, I had to leave half way through their set. Busy lads this weekend, playing a party tonight, down in arklow tomorrow night and then lazy bird on sunday. Sher theyll be worn out so they will...

any free parties in Eire next weekend?

BUMP BUMP

This will be
soopa!

Hey, tune into the Lazybird show. Live on power-fm. Today at 6pm.

Then come down to the International and catch the show.

OK?

this was great. who would have thought it - an mc who doesn't try to sound black, or shout rubbish over crap drum'n'bass? and who is actually fascinating to listen to? really really good.

plus, late-opening lazybird = .|..|

here, get yourselves some lakker: http://www.lakker.com/

i don't think there's any jen and the deadites stuff on mp3 anywhere ('the deadites' were just lakker again, but doing mutant noises with jen chatting away over it)

great stuff though...

Last Sunday's Lazybird Doings...

beetleonitsback said:
this was great. who would have thought it - an mc who doesn't try to sound black, or shout rubbish over crap drum'n'bass? and who is actually fascinating to listen to? really really good.

plus, late-opening lazybird = .|..|

here, get yourselves some lakker: http://www.lakker.com/

i don't think there's any jen and the deadites stuff on mp3 anywhere ('the deadites' were just lakker again, but doing mutant noises with jen chatting away over it)

great stuff though...

Glad you liked it. 'Twas indeed great. Let the bidding wars commence...

Thanks to everyone who came down, and to Jen, Eomac & Dara for the superb tunes.

And thank to them for popping up to the PowerFM studios with Mossy & me. They gave great interview and played some ace tracks. Here's what got played on Sunday between 6pm and 7:30pm:

Me:

Radian, "Nahfeld" (me)
Der Zyklus, "Eigenface (Facial Asymetry)" (me)
The Dead Texan, "The Struggle" (me)
Richard Youngs, "Bloom of All" (me)
Nurse with Wound, "Steel Dream March of the Metal Men" (me)
Alias, "Eyes Closed" (Mossy)
Rollers/Sparkers, "Stick Shift (Green Light)" (Mossy)
Jenny & The Deadites, "Amongst the Piss" (Eomac)
Suicide, "Ghost Rider" (Jen)
Wu Tang Clan, "Careful" (Mossy)
Lakker, untitled (Eomac)
Howlin' Wolf, "I Asked for Water" (Jen)
Buck 65, "I Was Right All Along" (Mossy)
Pere Ubu, "Codex" (me)
Pylon, "Gravity" (me)
A Certain Ratio, "Do the Du" (me)
Lakker, "SOTWOM" (Eomac)
Zorn, "The Whaling Tune" (me)
Company Flow, "The Fire in Which You Burn" (Jen)

Next week, probably Neil & Emmet on the webcast, and definitely Decal in the club.

Thanks,
Paul

Re: Last Sunday's Lazybird Doings...

photon said:
The Dead Texan, "The Struggle" (me)
Nurse with Wound, "Steel Dream March of the Metal Men" (me)
Suicide, "Ghost Rider" (Jen)
Wu Tang Clan, "Careful" (Mossy)
Pere Ubu, "Codex" (me)

NICE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back