Krautrock doc on box (1 Viewer)

That was deadly!

Great to see a fellow Psychonavigation artist included 'Hans-Joachim Roedelius' .|..| Lovely track to finish the documentary with too.

Kraftwerk concert was superb too.

K

it's online for the next week if ya missed it

thought it was good, some real nice footage and the focus on the social context was a good touch....waaaaay too short would of been nice to see a bit on the roots, the bowie link was real weak and no mention of Malcom Mooney!!!:eek:

Aye. No point in spending the first 50 mins waxing lyrical about the uncompromising stance of Krautrock if you're just gonna anchor it to an infinitely more successful record made by a more famous fan. Also they didnt spend any time scratching the surface to shine a light on just how many seriously cutting edge bands & how many amazing records emerged from this movement. Even a passing mention of Floh De Cologne, Embryo, Agitation Free, Gomorrah, Cosmic Jokers etc etc would have helped understand the movement a little better

Having said all that I enjoyed this very much if not least because it's the first documentary on Krautrock Ive seen and hats off to BBC4 for commissioning it. BBC4 is far and away the best television channel for music

it's online for the next week if ya missed it

thought it was good, some real nice footage and the focus on the social context was a good touch....waaaaay too short would of been nice to see a bit on the roots, the bowie link was real weak and no mention of Malcom Mooney!!!:eek:

Even with the serious omissions (Xhol? arguably the pioneers, Guru Guru, not to mention Scorpions :) it was a good watch.
Should have made it twice as long and let the music do the talking for a while.

Yeah, it should have been at least an hour and a half to two hours long, with at least 8 minutes on the rise and fall of each of the key bands. I like when they do a round up at the end of what all the members did next. Something like "Damo Suzuki left Can in 1973. He moved to Boriss in osserry, in ireland and became an ostrich farmer. He currently own 400 Ostriches.

192.jpg

I don't know. It was a compilation of songs from concerts in 2004. They played Trans Europe Express, Autobahn, Radioactivity, We Are The Robots, The Model, Numbers.

Can't watch iplayer outside the UK.

Here's some I found on youtube:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yeah, i always had the feeling that bowie was a chancer (but as my friend puts it "chancer in a good way"), but put next to all these amazing fucking musicians, he looked like a total novice. i used to love the berlin trilogy, but once you get into proper krautrock you realise he's like a slightly more palatable madonna who takes bits and bobs of subcultures and dilutes them for mass consumption. and you know, bowie can be good i reckon, especially when you're drunk, but i don't know that he deserves the 'genius' tag or owt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back