Knifed/Boxed In england/scotland tour (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
ok,Knifed are off on tour again. If you know anyone near any of the gigs tell them to come along.
July
23rd Bristol,the junction,w/Pilger
24th Southampton,King Alfred,w/ Pilger & Charlie Don't Surf
25th Brighton,Free Butt,w/ Butt Melt
26th London,Poison Club,Hackney
27th Boston,Indian Queen,w/Patient Zero
28th Leeds,Packhorse,w/Burn All Flags
29th Edinburgh,Studio24,w/ Carahter(Brazil),Afterbirth & The Process
30th Aberdeen,Dr Drakes w/Vomitus & Fighting Cougars
31st Glasgow,Black,w/ Filthpack
aug
1st Newcastle,Head Of Steam,w/Jinn & Break It Up

if that aint enough tell your friends to look out for langdon beck and kid blunt on tour in england and scotland.
havnt got a clue about dates turlok and stephen set it up.|..|
im gonna try and go to one of those knifed gigs on one of our days off!

No Boxed-In gigs about Ireland?

Maybe this should have been posted on Colllective Zine or something??

I could`nt give a fuckin toss whats happening in oul England.

mc moley said:
if that aint enough tell your friends to look out for langdon beck and kid blunt on tour in england and scotland.
havnt got a clue about dates turlok and stephen set it up.|..|
im gonna try and go to one of those knifed gigs on one of our days off!
Fair enough.
I just can`t undrstand how the infrastructure can be so strong in rural England and here???Shit!.....count the times Knifed have visited down south?
But i don`t play in a band anyway so..heh...

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
27th Boston,Indian Queen,w/Patient Zero
i once knew a girl from boston. small frame, massive boobs. that's where they had a riot after one of those england matches last month. it's a small town of toryboys. they'll love mero! .|..|

the scene in britland is seemingly a lot shitter than here actually, they are pretty saturated with bands/tours and therefore turnouts can be shit. just cos KNIFED never went to cork or limerick doesnt make those places shits...

First of all,nobody has asked us to play anywhere else. Sometimes someone says " we'd like you to come and play our town sometime" but nobody ever gives a date. Secondly gigs have to be organised around work etc so taking transport(public) into consideration it wouldnt be easy. And thirdly we have been asked to play england the previous time and this time. Add to that the fact that it will probably work out cheaper than playing in ireland as well who wouldnt do it.

And,how many times have bands from outside of dublin played here? Not counting kilcoole etc I reckon it's not much.

B for the Spree said:
i once knew a girl from boston. small frame, massive boobs.
What a curious thing to say...was she a nice person, or does that matter...?

About not playing gigs down the country, with Scientific Bong & Nerdlinger we always tried to play the smallest places possible cos it's way more fun and people aren't so arrogant about bands they don't know, they show more of an interest and make more of an effort...all of our best gigs were in places outside of Dublin that bands play in less -Limerick (probably my favourite Scientific Bong gig ever apart from the last gig & the naked Warzone one in 2002), Carlow (one of the best ever Nerdlinger gigs, probably because we were naked then too, hmmm, actually a pattern is starting to emerge...), Castlebar, Waterford, Roscommon, Galway, Cork (that one at the CAS was fuckin gas, actually most of the most fun gigs are when I've been tøtal pished), Belfast, Kilcoole, Kilkenny...

There's actually lots of places in Ireland to play outside Dublin, you just have to put the effort in (obviously it's a lot harder with considerations like work, a lack of youthful propensity for seeing the fun in getting føkked drunk in random small towns, etc). If you think there should be more gigs on in the place you live, then D.I. fucking Y. There was never anything for us to do in Roscommon so we made our own scene, kids got into it and we ended up with dozens of great bands playing, from Irish stuff like Sir Killalot, the Dagda, Blood or Whiskey, Circle Again and tonnes of others to bigger foreign bands like Catharsis, Endstand, Guapo, etc. In the fuckin middle of nowhere in fuckin Roscommon. Admittedly a lot depends on finding a venue, but there's always a way to do it, look at what the Kilcoole kids do, always finding and using cool all ages venues and shit.

If you build it they will come!

It also makes a better case for bringing cool foreign bands over to Ireland, it's easier for them to make their money back & simply have a good time if there's more places & gigs for them to play.

Sorry, I'm in hungover rambling mood...drinking this 95% spirits shit last night that I got in Italy... !bog :(

Starts friday,make sure you're telling everyone,and while you're at it tell everyone Kid Blunt and Langdon Beck are on tour then tell them Easpa Mesa are going on tour.
By the way,part of the reason for doing the comp was to bridge a few gaps,with it there are email addresses,hopefully bands will get asked to play places the have yet to play. And then......who knows?

Well, luckily fer me, I have to drive a 7.5 ton truck round Leeds at 8am the next morning. So I'm gonna attempt to drink only coffee at the Leeds gig.
I might however fail in that task.
I've got some sick days due goddammit.
I think.

lookin forward ta seein yez!

Saw knifed there a couple of months ago supportin tragedy. Certainly werent my cup o tea. The singer really needs to straighten his act out ie: have shave - go on diet. Looks like grizzly adams or somthin?. The drumming was in need of some improving to.

anyways hope it goes well, I hear bristo crowds can be quite violent. .|..|

SKIDSTAINZ said:
Saw knifed there a couple of months ago supportin tragedy. Certainly werent my cup o tea. The singer really needs to straighten his act out ie: have shave - go on diet. Looks like grizzly adams or somthin?. The drumming was in need of some improving to.

anyways hope it goes well, I hear bristo crowds can be quite violent. .|..|
They were better then the Dagda, there so rubbish. and depressing

I thought the dagda sounded horribly out of tune. but at leat the drumming was better than Knifed and the Guitar/vox guy with all the tatoos Looked like a goblin which entertained me more than kifed even if they did sound like a bad Tradgedy tribute band.

new jokers on the block - brilliant! just when i thought my days couldnt get more exciting..

Corm said:
What a curious thing to say...was she a nice person, or does that matter...?
hehe. she was lovely, her name is amy, she taught me loads of interesting things about psychology and other stuff. i was just being ironic-sexist before. odd that, musta been a slow day.

Just wanted to say that i saw the Bristol show, and it was great - think i preferred Boxed In to the other bands - not sure if the LP is available in reland yet, i'm sure xKnifedx will bring some back with them. And this irish CDR comp is good shit! And that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back