Kings of Concrete - Check this out! (1 Viewer)

Remedy

ings of Concrete
Sat 17th of june
Civic office amphitheatre (Temple Bar)
Midday to 6pm! And its free!

The event is about celebrating the recent initiative taken by the government to
allocate funds for the building of 21 concrete skateparks around the country. The aim is to raise awareness of the great variety of alternative sports available in Ireland - skating, BMX, rollerblading, Parkour, breakdancing, Graffiti, Hackysac etc. Its part of the cultivate community festival, entry is free and its a family-friendly event.

Kings of concrete is an urban sport and skate event taking place in the civic office amphitheatre at woodquay in Temple Bars west end.

Come along and celebrate the wonderful variety of alternative urban activities in Ireland today. There will be an all day session on the spineramp for skateboarding, BMX and rollerblading. Other activities include a graffiti jam, Parkour, game of hacky sack, break dancing and more. Soundtrack for the day courtesy of Choice cuts and Remedy dj’s aswell as Lectrosoul live.

Nibbles provided by the Happy Pear smoothie van and Baz’s BBQ.

So if your looking for something different to do on Sat 17th of june come along and join in the fun –12 to 6 - Sunshine guaranteed !

After party fundraiser in Karma – 8 till late. Please come along and support.

P1010047.jpg

"i got an owie"
i told you , your majesty

Deadly,I wish this incentive had of happened ten years ago.
Still better late than never.

Dromed said:
D'ya reckon this is cool to bring kids to ...I'm talking 6 year olds

the dude who's running it told me it would be cool for me to bring my kid who's 5 so I guess it is

g-stereotypical said:
hey dudes do any of ye skate or used to skate?
ive got a concrete bowl if anyone wants to skate it.

where?In your gaff,I used to ride bmx so did Inspector Horse that posts here.

Cool,I think I know where that is.Is it near where the trails used to be a few years ago.F*****brook??

Do you skate?

nope...its in malahide. not many people now about. i used to skate. then i stopped and started filming for a video. now i skate a little again.
we built this bowl(on rock and roll).
used to have a mini ramp with a roof too.
rampflip.jpg
[/IMG]

Cool, a mate of mine used to have a half pipe in his back garden with one deck about 3 foot from the kitchen window.One time my mate Dougy tried to peg stall the coping and completely missed and wen over the end of the ramp.

My other mates ma was cooking in the kitchen at the time,she nearly had a heart attack hehe.
Good times.

haha.well youll notice a sort of green net on the left side of that ramp..
just where that tree is theres a 40 foot drop. before we put the net on, when you hit the top of the raamp youd poo yourself a little bit cos if you went to far off the coping you were a goner..

Hi, i live in london but am from howth, i would love to skate the bowl in malahide, could you let me know where it is? im home next weekend

Best to keep the location of that bowl under wraps. The dude who owns it sold the house it was part of. He still owns the plot ol land but it's smack bang in the middle of two houses who don't want people skating it. Last summer some douche bags from Belfast sent nuts there, blasting music and being general knobs and the cops were called. Don't give anyone you don't know personally directiosn to this spot and keep it chilled

Best to keep the location of that bowl under wraps. The dude who owns it sold the house it was part of. He still owns the plot ol land but it's smack bang in the middle of two houses who don't want people skating it. Last summer some douche bags from Belfast sent nuts there, blasting music and being general knobs and the cops were called. Don't give anyone you don't know personally directiosn to this spot and keep it chilled

Best user name ever.

uh, excuse me? do i know you? have you been given permission to skate there? no cops were ever called. belfast lads didnt go nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back