kids and copyright/piracy stuff (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Interesting discussion.
Would you get your kids pirate DVDs and DVDs of films that are not released yet?

Personally I'd say no. Just saying it's illegal isn't enough. Kids need to understand that they can't just get what they want when they want it and waiting for the dvd release just has to be done. Plus with both parents here involved in artistic stuff I don't think we should devalue creativity. You may say "fuck the studios", "fuck the law", "fuck capitolism" etc. but spoiling kids has long term effects for them.... or does it, what do you think?

Interesting discussion.
Would you get your kids pirate DVDs and DVDs of films that are not released yet?

Personally I'd say no. Just saying it's illegal isn't enough. Kids need to understand that they can't just get what they want when they want it and waiting for the dvd release just has to be done. Plus with both parents here involved in artistic stuff I don't think we should devalue creativity. You may say "fuck the studios", "fuck the law", "fuck capitolism" etc. but spoiling kids has long term effects for them.... or does it, what do you think?

Completely agree.

I'd see introducing kids to the finer points of intellectual property law as a separate issue to spoiling them.

No, wouldn’t be into it.
They’d get so disappointed when they discover that the people making these free DVD’s are nerds in front of a computer rather than dudes with swords on boats. It’d totally destroy their love of fantasy and imagination.

my children are going to be book lovers. dvd's will come second. trust.

introduce a kid to roald dahl or paul jennings and you'll both be happy. dont want my kids having tv eyes.

my children are going to be book lovers. dvd's will come second. trust.

introduce a kid to roald dahl or paul jennings and you'll both be happy. dont want my kids having tv eyes.

Cbeebies is actually very good. I reckon my one will be watching some telly.
And Studio Ghibli stuff too.

heh heh heh heh... I remember I used to think crazy things like this...

now it's all "uuuuhhhh... it's 6.am, you wanna get up? oh look Peppa Pigs on the telly, no, no dadas watcing peppa pig too, no, no, dadas can watch things even where they're eyes are closed... uuuuhhhh...."

piracy_its_a_crime_300.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back