Kidd Blunt album release weekend (1 Viewer)

no,as in it SHOULDN"T be about losing money. why should the diy scene lose money when everyone else makes money from it?

Why should Tower records make money from a Kidd Blunt album that they(Kidd Blunt)put a lot of effort into getting the money to record and then release,and then Kidd Blunt lose money on the copies sold in Tower?
For me,diy should be about trying to change things like that. I am not remotely knocking Kidd Blunt for the deciding to do it(if indeed that is what happenned),just saying how fucked up it all is.

they just don't want anyone to have to pay more than €10 for the cd. their choice. don't think they are losing money on the copies sold in tower (actually in one way they kinda are), just getting a lot less for them.

deadly gig, seemed like everyone was having a good laugh. The place was mad dark though, took ages to find anyone who you were lookin for.
spent all me money on fucking dear pints. that place is a bleedin rip off

fuck fosters by law the only thing you should be allowed to drink is the black stuff and it cost a whoppin 4.90!!!!! although if i hadda known the fosters was that cheap i would have gone for that!!

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
no,as in it SHOULDN"T be about losing money. why should the diy scene lose money when everyone else makes money from it?

Why should Tower records make money from a Kidd Blunt album that they(Kidd Blunt)put a lot of effort into getting the money to record and then release,and then Kidd Blunt lose money on the copies sold in Tower?
For me,diy should be about trying to change things like that. I am not remotely knocking Kidd Blunt for the deciding to do it(if indeed that is what happenned),just saying how fucked up it all is.
i wasnt actually asking it was part of me joke....but i agree that its a joke that bands/ zine/ promoters are nearly expected to keep things at a price where they lose moneys im not saying charge stupid money but its reasonable for people not to lose out i actually think its reasonable to make a bit if someone was that way inclined(this would probably only cover recording or other expenses like practice space etc anyway )
.but from experience i woudn't say and hope kidd blunt wont lose out with the prices of the cds and records.

byrneos said:
i wasnt actually asking it was part of me joke....but i agree that its a joke that bands/ zine/ promoters are nearly expected to keep things at a price where they lose moneys im not saying charge stupid money but its reasonable for people not to lose out i actually think its reasonable to make a bit if someone was that way inclined(this would probably only cover recording or other expenses like practice space etc anyway )
.but from experience i woudn't say and hope kidd blunt wont lose out with the prices of the cds and records.

I know you were only messing,but I've been having quite a few conversations about similar things recently,and of course there was the gig thread as well,so I just felt the need to say something yet again.

Was reading MRR there and someone was going on about how no show their band plays should be over $5. Yeah good one mate, tell you what you put on all your shows for $5 and see how much money you lose.

Cormcolash said:
Was reading MRR there and someone was going on about how no show their band plays should be over $5. Yeah good one mate, tell you what you put on all your shows for $5 and see how much money you lose.
but they are playing basement gigs over there with no costs so $5 is like our paying €8 say into a local gig, which wouldnt happen cos people would bitch and moan all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back