Kid Blunt in english apathy shocker! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter bin
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 6

bin

Well, what can I say.
Kid Blunt and Langdon Beck played in Leeds and Bradford t'other night.
Me Suse and Neil (undercover cop) Ferguson went to the Leeds gig and we were the only fuckers there. Embarrasing. Both bands played a fuckin stormer - really seriously tight and relaxed with it in all the ways we (jobbykrust) NEVER were at any of our gigs in a 7 year lifespan. I say this because both bands seem to be about the same age we were when we were doin all that shit.
Onwards to the Bradford gig at the 1 in 12 : Me, Suse, Neil, Chris and Toni went over in Neil's car - Martin was there and Russ was doin sound. Did anyone else show? No. Did they fuck. When I think of all the shit ass 'street punk' bands )read: gobble and the cocks et al) who've played to some numbers, it's fairly distressing. Fuckin respect to all bands concerned, and MASSIVE death and torment to all the fuckin twats in yorkshire who never bothered their asses.
Please come over again some time and we'll sort it out fer yez.
I'm sittin in Russ's gaff and we're both just back from the Fenton. So I'm gonna have a smoke of that spliff he just offered me and shut up.
That's all I have to say right now.
Luke, Turlough etc, cheers ye big cunts.
once again - England - Nil, Ireland 6

Soz, if that all came out like a pile of shit it's because I've been drinkin the ole booze.

Well meant tho!

My heads fuckin wrecked.

And Russ is now playin loads of dub.

And all I wanted was some dirty ass old suicidal dystopian punk trash.

drinkin with the english eh? wah?

ive heard english post-punk bands havin a hard time getting interest from more 'traditional' punk venues... apparently a lot of DIY bands are now touring a more 'indy' circuit cos of it.

tommytrousers said:
you need the odd shit gig to make the good one's feel even better...

its actually getting through the shit ones is the tough part. Worst thing bout playing in england or anywhere far away is the anticipation on the journey of playing the gig and not being able to wait to get up and play, and then the anti climax of an empty venue.
oh well, good luck in grimsby and other gigs coolie folks!

That's deadly - nice one!

The whole thing has been a bit dead as far as ppl goes, but it's been loads of fun. Thanks Chris for comin to both gigs, it would have been doubly embarassing if u hadn't!

Cheers...

Ye cunt!

tommytrousers said:
you need the odd shit gig to make the good one's feel even better...
the odd shit one would make me feel like a rockstar, and im just a fucking roadie, albeit with the coolest friend making device ever the safety van, no more death van quips on my journeying

Yeah there were plenty more catastrophes. We eventually got to the Poison club to see the place surrounded by cops and all their shit on the path. They evicted then and boarded it up. Really, really shit for them... That guy John was really nice and tried to get us on another gig, but it was a bit late. Then we had all you can eat indian in this mad gaff for 3 pounds! Tasty...

[Then we had all you can eat indian in this mad gaff for 3 pounds! Tasty...[/QUOTE]
ha that's no doubt the one up by Angel tube station. Me and bohspunk and T spent 3 hours in there one time!I couldn't walk for about an hour after leaving there and had to prop myself up against a wall! fuckin' classic!

tommytrousers said:
ha that's no doubt the one up by Angel tube station. Me and bohspunk and T spent 3 hours in there one time!

It's called 'Indian Veg' and it's not recommended on a 25 degree day. The owner is a pushy cunt, but if you can resist his sales pitch for the over priced drinks, it's all good. My favourite restaurant is this
one. Those yellow pack commies couldn't jack up the prices if they tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back