Kaka (1 Viewer)

Shnake said:
actually he is ca-ca
rui costa should have been on from the start...he's got the experience, the mettle, the skills that were needed for such a game. when he came on (with 20 mins to go) he looked like he could have been the man to change things, but it was too late for him to make much of an impact...

i really fancy chelsea* though...the duffer in a champions league final...bring it on.

heres one for you...name some irish players to have played in a champions league final.

*not the clinton one

P. Littbarski said:
heres one for you...name some irish players to have played in a champions league final.
Okay... off the top of my head... Irish (including Norn Iron) players in European Cup finals:

Roy Keane, Dennis Irwin - Manchester United, 1999.

Steve Heighway for Liverpool in the 70's.

Pat Crerand, George Best for United in 1968 (there's a few more there).

Martin O'Neill, Nottingham Forest, 1980.

There's definitely more....

Plus for the earlier players like Martin O'Niell etc., sure it wasn't the Champions League at that point.
I think Caca will be an amazing player, he bascially destroyed Deportivo in the first leg. The entire AC team was terrible for that second leg, even the defence which has one of the best records in Europe were crap. Deportivo took full advantage, they played great themselves and deserved the result.

What about the Celts last night, anyone see that fuckin referee? Not only did he disallow that goal (Scumbag, there was nothing wrong with it, how are you supposed to move when a goalkeeper blasts a ball at you from 2 yards away? The linesmen were crap too, both of them.) but Villareal should never even have got the corner they scored from, because Petrov was fouled just outside their penalty area (right in front of my seat too!) two minutes earlier and the idiot ref ignored it.
And it gets worse. Late in the second half, one of the Villareal players took a blatant dive. The Ref waved play on and waved the guy back on his feet, acknowledging that it was a dive. Why wasn't he booked? That would not only have been a booking, but the guy was on a yellow already and should have been sent off. More inconsitant refereeing.
Then we have the sheer amount of decisions given against Celtic when they should have been Celtic's ball. Examples - Petrov hits a great volley shot, and the keeper manages to push it out off the outside of the post. Decision? Goal kick. Boba Balde tackles a Villareal winger fair and square, opening up acres of space to go forward with the ball. Decision? Free kick to Villareal. The ball came out of the tackle directly behind the Villareal player, so there could be no doubt that Bobo had got the ball, and I had a great view of it anyway.
Then the best one, Larsson is fouled just outside Villareal's box, and the ball comes to Sutton. Referee plays advantage. What sort of advantage can be gained when there are about 5 Villareal players around Sutton is beyond me. Villareal promptly tackle Sutton, who brings one of the players down as he is trying to hold on to the ball. Does the ref bring play back to the free kick for the foul on Larsson? Decision - Free kick Villareal.

I don't think theres any kind of conspiracy or any of that crap, but why the hell do Celtic keep ending up with crap referees that severly threaten their chances of winning matches in Europe? Last year it was the FC Porto disgrace, where all you need to do is fall over and the ref gives a free kick and books the nearest man to you. This time round some stupid referee assisted by ludicrous linesmanship (they were reversing decisions on throw-ins etc. from the opposite side of the field) rules out a perfectly good goal.
It seems to me that all the best refs are reserved for Champions League football. Fair enough, but there must be some decent refs that can be used in the Uefa cup instead of this crap. Its a good thing Celtic are used to playing against crap referees.

Also, what the hell is wrong with using television replays for big decisions like that goal? They use it in Rugby and there are cameras at every European match, be it UEFA cup or Champions League. Its just FIFA being stubborn because they want things run their way no matter what.

Rant over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back