Just Signed up for Twitter (7 Viewers)

I had no idea until this morning that the word "cervical" could refer to the neck. My neck was at me so I dug out a page from the physiotherapist that I printed a year ago or more with neck exercises. I noticed that one of the exercises was labeled "cervical rotation stretch". I started exercising thinking they must have got the wrong word. Now twitter is full of ads for cervical traction devices to relieve neck and upper back pain. I swear I didn't even say the word out loud or google search it or anything, I had all the info on the piece of paper. This is happening a lot lately - I get ads for stuff I've only thought about.

I had no idea until this morning that the word "cervical" could refer to the neck. My neck was at me so I dug out a page from the physiotherapist that I printed a year ago or more with neck exercises. I noticed that one of the exercises was labeled "cervical rotation stretch". I started exercising thinking they must have got the wrong word. Now twitter is full of ads for cervical traction devices to relieve neck and upper back pain. I swear I didn't even say the word out loud or google search it or anything, I had all the info on the piece of paper. This is happening a lot lately - I get ads for stuff I've only thought about.

In the world of research and mouse/rat based models, cervical dislocation is often mentioned in papers/used as a means of finishing said rodents off. I remember one particular student being horrified and intrigued in equal measure by this, having made the same misunderstanding as yourself!

In the world of research and mouse/rat based models, cervical dislocation is often mentioned in papers/used as a means of finishing said rodents off. I remember one particular student being horrified and intrigued in equal measure by this, having made the same misunderstanding as yourself!
Saying “finishing rodents off” doesn’t really clarify that this isn’t about genitalia!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back