Jon Spencer Blues Explosion (1 Viewer)

they're not really tho, are they. bit of a one trick pony. and it's not even their trick. still it's good to see local talent singing the blues.

they gotta great sludgy guitar sound. I think theyre pretty good. I'd build them a website if they'd let me ;)

Bellatrix said:
Woohoo!! Got my ticket in my greasy mitt.

Stagger Lee get some sweet support slots. First Sleater-Kinney and now this. They're pretty good though so that's ok.

thats cause shes banging johnny humanzi and she's all buddy buds with Brian Bradley

ouch! sounds like you're the one who wants to be all matey mates with BB.

three times i seen the jsbx before they totally ruled the planet, even totally squished and surrounded by spas at reading. and judah bauer is one of the few dudes who i would fuck without hesitation. but i am going to see damo tonight so i don't mind missin' out.

Ben Richards said:
thats cause shes banging johnny humanzi and she's all buddy buds with Brian Bradley

OOOeeeeemiiieeeooowwwwww

We actually got those gigs cos of been seen in the Whelans Brave New Stage gigs after which we did supports with the Kills and Duke Spirit. We happen to be pretty decent friendly folk so we're buddy buds with lotsa folks. Nothing wrong with that.

Arvernus what kind of webstuff are you doing???

We may be one trick ponies but they're spicy tricks.

And she's the cats mother.

Dromed said:
OOOeeeeemiiieeeooowwwwww

We actually got those gigs cos of been seen in the Whelans Brave New Stage gigs after which we did supports with the Kills and Duke Spirit. We happen to be pretty decent friendly folk so we're buddy buds with lotsa folks. Nothing wrong with that.

fair play. i was at that brave new blah thingy. in a secret capacity. who won that thing? soem chancers? or some poseurs.

if you get another trick let me know. any more than two and we're in genises territory, so watch it.

Dromed said:
OOOeeeeemiiieeeooowwwwww

I like your moxy AND your tunes. Are you the guitarist? If so I was mistaken for you at the Sleater-Kinney gig by virtue of wearing a similar top.

That would be a pretty dull story if the guitarist from Stagger Lee wasn't a very tall boy, while I am a very short girl.

Weird.

ok now i feel bad. i'm a total fucking spa.

yeah i know it is a umack gig.

i thought humanzi were suppose to support the kills but they couldnt do it cause yer man knackered his ankle so stagger lee stepped up to do it.

SORRY

I did sound like a prick didnt I.

Ben Richards said:
ok now i feel bad. i'm a total fucking spa.

yeah i know it is a umack gig.

i thought humanzi were suppose to support the kills but they couldnt do it cause yer man knackered his ankle so stagger lee stepped up to do it.

SORRY

I did sound like a prick didnt I.
you just sounded a bit bitter. don't fall into that trap, it's too small a town for that ;)

hag said:
ha ha ha... brad works for mcd. umack is timo.

yeah I know....just a joke like. :cool:

gig was okay....first 10-15 mins were good but then I got bored. stagger lee were great...one trick ponies maybe, but good music!

avernus said:
yeah I know....just a joke like. :cool:

gig was okay....first 10-15 mins were good but then I got bored. stagger lee were great...one trick ponies maybe, but good music!

Yar, I agree. Stagger Lee sustained my interest right through their set, Jon Spencer, not so much.

The highlight of the gig for me though had to have been the sound guy who picked his nose throughout the entire support set. He really wasn't making any bones about it - the fact that there were at least 800 faces pointed in his general direction didn't deter him from trying to cram as many digits up there as he possibly could.

Now THAT'S entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back