Joe Duffy - Liveline (2 Viewers)

Talking about this painting and its removal from a school on Joe Duffy right now

Cork School of Music removes painting of bare-chested Charles Haughey after parents object

The issue s "Ireland " begin ridden from behind , which you can see in the window on the left

AnIrishPoliticalAllegoryPaingintJoeMcNicholas_large.jpg

i still vividly recall my dad thundering down the stairs one time to give us 'a flake on the arse' when we wouldn't stop acting the bollocks after repeat warnings, and trying to dodge behind the couch to escape

the swift realisation of consequences has stayed with me to this day

Wish I'd have been battered as a kid. I might own a house and have a decent pension sorted by now. Thanks a lot Dad.

had to lol at this though

"it is very difficult to explain verbally to a young child why something they have done is wrong"

give 'em a slap instead

did this actually happen?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't wait til they upload today's show. I was only half listening and by the time I realised what was being said it was all over

We were taught in school that working class people hit their children, but middle class people explain to their children. And that's why middle class people are more successful, because they are taught to reason from an early age.
I remember everyone kind of looking over at the lads from the flats and pitying them for yet again getting the short straw. Meanwhile 90% of us were from stoney broke families.
Lovely bit of inclusive education we had going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back