Joaquin Phoenix: The New Johhny Cash. (1 Viewer)

Corey

I hope this is'nt shit.

November 30, 2004

Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash

(Posted In)

cash.jpg
I need to declare right up front that I'm a big fan of Joaquin Phoenix ... as far as big, mainstream Hollywood actors go it doesn't get a whole lot better. I was mighty happy when I heard that Phoenix had been cast to play Johnny Cash in the upcoming biopic Walk the Line, and I got a whole lot happier when I saw this. Vanity Fair has just run a series of photos from the film shoot and they look incredible, an absolutely pitch perfect recreation of the era. Not only is Phoenix a perfect fit in his role, but all of the casting looks flawless ...
Via Greencine

Brush said:
Not a fan of his at all, but Buffalo Soldier was hilariously good.

Brief exchange with girl i know when watching the Tank/Gas Station/Drugs scene from that film:

Her:"Its actually just like that in real life"

Me:"What, being in a tank?"

Her:"No, being on heroin"

Me: "Popcorn?"

Did you see the trailers? It looks good, but he seems to be trying for a note perfect rendition of cash instead of going with the feel/legend of the man - i.e. he tries to do a speaking voice too low for him, and the singing is very dodgy. It could still be excellent, but i'd have hoped he'd go more for the feel than a carbon copy.

you know joaquin's real name is leaf! what a pansy. i would say its gonna be shite. directors past stuff includes Kate & Leopold!! oh and he acted in The Sweetest Thing. and two words for ya Reese fucking witherspoon!

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Brief exchange with girl i know when watching the Tank/Gas Station/Drugs scene from that film:

Her:"Its actually just like that in real life"

Me:"What, being in a tank?"

Her:"No, being on heroin"

Me: "Popcorn?"

you have all the best stories. never a dull moment eh?
sure you dont need to go back behind that slab of marble for another few years you've got at least 2years worth of material including repeats

im really looking forward to this..i :heart: reece witherspoon and i can easily overlook any indiscretions because of election..and i think the trailer looks good...and at least they didnt fuckin cast ashton kutcher or somethin as j.c...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back