jim o'rourke/sonic youth. (1 Viewer)

psyched to hear that chris corsano and paul flaherty are playing here a little after ATP
they're the other half of Aktion Unit (with o'rourke and t.moore) and it should be pretty sick. proper respects due to deserted village and lazybird

andrew

M.BISON said:
psyched to hear that chris corsano and paul flaherty are playing here a little after ATP
they're the other half of Aktion Unit (with o'rourke and t.moore) and it should be pretty sick. proper respects due to deserted village and lazybird

andrew
yeah they are playing on Easter Sunday. have you any stuff my them?

LATEX LIZZIE said:
their best album since sister.
er... Daydream Nation?... and the criminally under-rated Experimental Jet-set Thrash and No Star? And GOO!!! - all much better than murray street
Even Dirty is better than Murray Street.

nEiLo said:
yeah they are playing on Easter Sunday. have you any stuff my them?

er... Daydream Nation?... and the criminally under-rated Experimental Jet-set Thrash and No Star? And GOO!!! - all much better than murray street
Even Dirty is better than Murray Street.

..just my humble opinion.

M.BISON said:

andrew

and fergus.

i have 'the hated music' and it's pretty rad. really full on shit. corsano sometimes plays with sunburned hand of man or one of those hippy groups.

best aged sonic youth album: 'bad moon rising' - i didn't even like this jam when i was mad into sonic youth; busted it out a few months ago and BLAM - most amazing shit ever. it's like one song and 'death valley 69' tagged on the end....or just one big intro to dv69 or something...totally amazing shit. sounds like it could have been made yesterday or tomorrow. reminds me of 'deciet' by this heat in that way...

andrew

M.BISON said:
i have 'the hated music' and it's pretty rad. really full on shit. corsano sometimes plays with sunburned hand of man or one of those hippy groups.

best aged sonic youth album: 'bad moon rising' - i didn't even like this jam when i was mad into sonic youth; busted it out a few months ago and BLAM - most amazing shit ever. it's like one song and 'death valley 69' tagged on the end....or just one big intro to dv69 or something...totally amazing shit. sounds like it could have been made yesterday or tomorrow. reminds me of 'deciet' by this heat in that way...

andrew

yes to all of this.Bad moon rising.kinda felt the same way about that record..its only growing on me these days..in a good way.

M.BISON said:

andrew
first sonic youth tune i ever heard was Flower (on an EP with Halloween)
I thought it was the most fucked up thing I had ever heard. Bad Moon Rising is excellent.
I really loved Sonic Death too. I have it on tape somewhere - must root it out.

what hte shit? man converge was 12 euro - 2 bands, full rider, accomidation, not saying what the guarantee was - but there's no way JOR could be looking for that much, especially not if he's just gonna do some prick about with max laptop set or something.

andrew
ps - 'i'm happy and i'm singing and a 1-2-3-4' is ridiculous. first track is so good.

M.BISON said:
ps - 'i'm happy and i'm singing and a 1-2-3-4' is ridiculous. first track is so good.
i love it. i have another one called He Who Laughs - one-sided clear vinyl - its on neon gallery. it's really cool too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back