Jim loses High Court case (1 Viewer)

Lordjaysus

In a fifteen minute ruling in the High Court today, Judge Peart decided that Jim Borek was going to face extradtion on two counts of public disorder and one count of GBH with intent.

His defence had been that the crimes he was charged with in England did not correspond to crimes in the Republic and his lawyers also challenged the warrants on technical grounds. The judge dismissed both points saying that there 'may well have been some fault in the warrants' but that 'this court is in the real world'.

Afterwards I spoke to Jim for a few minutes, he was pretty tired and unhappy but not as upset as we thought he would be. He now has fifteen days to decide if he wants to lodge an appeal. If he does the case could drag out for a long time and the time he spends here isn't counted, so he probably won't.

If anyone has any messages I will be going in in the morning at about ten or eleven.

poor Jim, this folks is why you should mask up at protests.

I wouldn't worry about that too much. There were never too many cats in that particular bag to let out any as evidenced by the link I gave above. Just use yer noggin though!

Lordjaysus said:
I wouldn't worry about that too much. There were never too many cats in that particular bag to let out any as evidenced by the link I gave above. Just use yer noggin though!
What's the story with Jim now? Is he still in Ireland or have they shipped him over to the UK?

the strange guy said:
I think you should all shut the fuck up and not discuss this on an open forum. Idiots.[/QUOTE

I wouldn't worry about that too much. There were never too many cats in that particular bag to let out any as evidenced by the link I gave above. Just use yer noggin though!.[/QUOTE

paraniod fucks.

No I haven't had the time to get to see him for ages now what with the x-mas and all. I rang the prison a few days ago when I thought I'd be able to go and see him and they said he was still there so I'll get down as soon as I can but I am so snowed under with college and moving house and other shit that I don't know when that might be...Anyone else that can I'm sure he'd appreciate it tho.

I got this note from his mother today:

"Jim called this morning from the remand prison in Wandsworth (http://www.hmprisonservice.gov.uk/prisons/default.asp), he is now in. He has a hearing on Monday morning at 10am. As soon as I know more or have a forwarding address, Ill be in touch.
He did mention to let all his friends know he has been moved. He received your letter, and was happy to get it. He just wants everyone to know, he wasnt in touch during his stay in Ireland, to protect them from the prying eyes of the FBI. Its important to him, that everyone believes him. He has a hearing on Monday morning at 10am. As soon as I know more or have a forwarding address, Ill be in touch.
He did mention to let all his friends know he has been moved."

Jim's case has been adjourned till 23rd of january...remanded in custody till then...Anyone from Eirecore in the wandsworth vicinity...drop in...A visit will break the boredom for him

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back