Jeff Buckley 10 years dead today. . . (1 Viewer)

1000+ hours in mspaint

HATEBINDI.jpg

It's all a conspiracy.
Mind you, I have no idea where I heard that.

yeah, but you've been yammering about it for about the last 10 years. I recall you telling anna and her coming in and asking me if it were true. I think we all bawled crying because being gay must be the worst thing in the world.

he's playing Jeff Buckley in a biopic out this year.

that's not true.. but if there were to be a movie, this guy should play him.

248145%7EJames-Franco-Posters.jpg

Oooooooh thats a bit uncanny really - can totally see him as Jeff...
tho in fairness his last venture into playing a rock n roller as 'the musician' in Factory Girl was abysmal.

Read somewhere - poss NME.com that they'res a rights bid going on to make a bipoic about Jeff and the main contender for the lead is actually this ma....

51853957.jpg

I heard the Pittser was desperate to do it. And I think he wanted to sing in it too. Haha

Guy Pearce is great though.

grace is my favourite album of all time. as lord damien put so well
"reminds me of a blissful, more innocent time"

i hadnt heard of JB when he died, i heard about him the week he died as i went to france on an exchange and my french student was in mourning.all he listened to was Bataclan and grace. sitting in a country house in france in the baking sun listening to Jeff, absolute bliss

and two years later you gave it to me on tape and it was the start of everything beautiful :)
I was only 14 when Jeff Buckley died and probably spent much of his career listening to shite bands, so unfortunately I am a posthumous fan. Still though, I credit listening to him as ultimately changing my taste in music completely. Grace is still one of my top ten albums (although so many people are afraid of saying that these days) and brings back lots of old memories for me.
His version of Nina Simone's All That I Ask still chills me to the bone.
Anyone have Merri Cyr's book on him, 'A Wished For Song'? Full of beautiful photographs.
Dream Brother is also an excellent read.
RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back