Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

1720442761742.png

This is about 210 km from yesterday

My average mph is fucked, cos I took a bad turn onto the wrong trail and had to walk for a mile, with the computer still on - genius
Hot as ass out there, but feeling confident about the 70.3 I have coming up

I use Fahrenheit for the summer, Celsius for the winter.
76° is about 24 or something in celsius

So many fucking hills
But I need hills

Last edited:
My boss did an ironman yesterday. Eleven and a half hours too.

16mph is 26kmh, nothing shabby about that over that distance.

Feel okay about it - considering there's a mile of walking in there and it was 93% humidity
Don't know how Watts work or any of that so don't know if 137 is good or not and it's only a computer guesstimate anyways

That is a super time in an IM
He must have been cooking on the bike
Where was it?

I'd be hoping for 13 or 14 and be grateful

Challenge Roth in Germany - he seems unhappy about it, actually! He had done a half Ironman recently and struggled with stomach cramps after the transition from bike to foot. Not sure yet if he had similar issues yesterday.

Not sure how much body size plays into wattage, but this was one I did the other day. Still getting fit again after my layoff, but happy with progress. My times are getting back to reasonably normal on spins under an hour but I'm building back up on stamina for longer rides. Screenshot_20240708-165148.png

Challenge Roth in Germany - he seems unhappy about it, actually! He had done a half Ironman recently and struggled with stomach cramps after the transition from bike to foot. Not sure yet if he had similar issues yesterday.
I dunno, man
Whatever way you cook those numbers, you're looking at about a 18-20mph average bike ride and then jumping into a sub-4:00 marathon right after it
He knows himself best though

That's a cool looking independent race. I am so done with the ironMan branding.

Just confirmed with him, his back started to give serious trouble halfway through the marathon. I'd noticed his times go from five or six minutes per km to eight or nine, fairly abruptly. He confirmed that was when the trouble started.

Just confirmed with him, his back started to give serious trouble halfway through the marathon. I'd noticed his times go from five or six minutes per km to eight or nine, fairly abruptly. He confirmed that was when the trouble started.
Fair play to him getting home so

Second half of that run is where the demons live

If he got home is serious pain, he should be extra proud of that medal. That's toughness. Fuck the time.
Can't tell anyone that. They have to come to it themselves.

My own junk is a bit numb this morning

I was talking to some female cyclist friends about this

I asked if any of them knew a lady bike fitter. Between them they don't know a single one, "just awkward dudes".
Fucking eye opening so it is.

In a way, it's kinda funny that bikes don't come with pedals but do come with saddles. I understand the former for obvious reasons, but there really should be an option to buy a bike without a saddle. So you can use your own; I'm lucky in that I've never found a saddle I'm incompatible with, but know people who took a long time to find their fit.

In a way, it's kinda funny that bikes don't come with pedals but do come with saddles. I understand the former for obvious reasons, but there really should be an option to buy a bike without a saddle. So you can use your own; I'm lucky in that I've never found a saddle I'm incompatible with, but know people who took a long time to find their fit.

One of the athletes in the piece had to use the sponsor's saddle, even though it caused her extreme pain

Women, man. Whole 'nother level of endurance.

nearly got knocked off the bike by a character changing lane on ballybough bridge there earlier, who had the temerity to beep me afterwards.

after rounding the turn he then proceeded to drive down the wrong lane on poplar row to overtake some other cyclists before turning without indicating..

so I'm fairly sure I wasn't in the wrong

nearly got knocked off the bike by a character changing lane on ballybough bridge there earlier, who had the temerity to beep me afterwards.

after rounding the turn he then proceeded to drive down the wrong lane on poplar row to overtake some other cyclists before turning without indicating..

so I'm fairly sure I wasn't in the wrong
Standard douchebag in the rain.

Had the lights on this morning. Quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back