jaysis spice rack (1 Viewer)

wageslave

anyone know wehre I can buy an empty spice rack in Dublin? Everywhere I've tried only sell them with jars in.

yer one in Arnotts told me she's seen them in Avoca but I'm guessing they're mad pricey...

Places I've tried: Arnotts, Argos, coupla hardware shops, b and q online

anyone know wehre I can buy an empty spice rack in Dublin? Everywhere I've tried only sell them with jars in.

yer one in Arnotts told me she's seen them in Avoca but I'm guessing they're mad pricey...

we've a couple at home that were sold empty, made of that brushed chrome stuff so i'm guessing habitat or ikea or one of the dozens of other wanky homeware shops in dublin, so that is very little help. they must be out there somewhere though.
why don't you just put your spices in the jars, you can spend a happy afternoon carefully writing the labels, with a nice pen. it passes the time.

Waitaminute did captain a not link to ebay or tell me to make one earlier? Hmmm, looks like disappearing posts Pete...
Hey Jillface, if you do see one that would be cool, cheers.
Pete, I could take the jars out but i'd have to pay for them innit, and they always have some rubbish spices i'd never want, and i have plenty already, i just want a rack for them, and and and aldi.
Nooley, i think they always fill the jars - if they sold them with empty ones I'd be happy enough.
Maybe i'll take up the earlier, now vanished suggestion and make one. My history of diy projects isn't great but sure god loves a trier.

Wageslave's history of DIY projects:

As a kid:
pegguns:

Wageslave's history of DIY projects:

As a kid:

pegguns: in fairness these were a great success

spear: (branch of tree with knife blade taped to the top) I got in a bit of trouble over this one when my oul lad came home to catch me throwing it against the rusty looking heating oil tank as hard as I could. Not such a success at all at all.

More grown up:

My first pc: scoring parts wholesale was easy, but when my crusty computer guru vanished from the face of the earth I managed to blow two motherboards and I can't remember how much RAM trying to put the parts together. Still, I could probably put a pc together now. Probably. But I wouldn't.

Wine box: Actually all I did with this was sand it, varnish it and put some hinges and a lock on it. It got me through a coupla days on the dole one depressing January though and now holds old newspaper clippings.

Bookcase: I think I mentioned this before. It doesn't have a lot of right angles but it has a lot of love (for a book case).

we had to make them at school, i assumed it was a nationwide education drive if not international. maybe ask somone from junior cert woodwork about off loading a few.

i don't think i've ever owned a spice rack, i just keep them in jars/tubs in a drawer and write the names on the lids (if they're not those old-style sharwoods jars that have the names on the lids already). works fine, if you have a spare kitchen drawer.

i went through this a few years ago and had the same problems. I eventually made one and painted it a light green. It's slightly crooked but does the job with character and integrity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back