Jandek - Douglas Hyde Gallery, Trinity College, 13 June '08 (2 Viewers)

i love that tune

The supermarkets are always jam packed, the acceptable way
I got a big frame, born with it, sure do need a side of beef
42 heads of lettuce, 888 potatoes
And all the apple pies my Mack truck can drive away with
Cure all, better than a bandage
Better than the blue
Better even than TV
Oh oh, here comes the pain
Break out a barrel of cheese

This was great. Very intense performance; very precise; very emotive; great acoustic.

Some people loathed it (Hi Si Schroeder!) - but it was what it was, and you can't say fairer than that.

Two minor quibbles. The gallery should have taken their phone off the hook during the performance; and the video cameraman was incredibly distracting and annoying.

This was only his third ever solo live set, fact-fans!

[ame="http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=S87J52jXqlc"]YouTube - Jandek interview in 1985[/ame]

iinnnnn aa connnnnundrummm

i thought it was brilliant - the guitar sounded like total shit to begin with...less so later on. it was retarded when that phone went off after all the "please don't make your own sound effects, children" nonsense, and the camera man was a total dope.

i didn't recognise the material, but i haven't really listened to jandek much in a few years - it seemed very themed, most songs seem to cover the same idea.

anyway, intense guy, intense performance, it wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was jandek. perfect!

iinnnnn aa connnnnundrummm

i thought it was brilliant - the guitar sounded like total shit to begin with...less so later on. it was retarded when that phone went off after all the "please don't make your own sound effects, children" nonsense, and the camera man was a total dope.

i didn't recognise the material, but i haven't really listened to jandek much in a few years - it seemed very themed, most songs seem to cover the same idea.

anyway, intense guy, intense performance, it wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was jandek. perfect!

Aye - took me a while to get into it, really enjoyed it in the end. Didn't recognise any of the material either, he often does all-new stuff when he plays live though? Some of the lyrics he came out with were fantastic. His exit was great too.

theme: "I caaaaaan't coooomuuuuniiiiiiiicaaaate"?

maybe he's releasing this as the new album... considering the live performances that were previously recorded were all new material and released...

i thought last night was preety great... wasn't sure what to expect but got in to the groove fairly quickly...

...he's never talked on stage though, has he?

maybe he's releasing this as the new album... considering the live performances that were previously recorded were all new material and released...
i'd say all, or at least most, of the gigs he's done will be released at some point. probably be waiting another while for this one to be released. can't wait to hear it again though

Twas great. Was in the back row so I had to sit on my bag to see which let out a great crunch cause there was a bottle in it. Bar that, great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back