Jamm Soup (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Ed
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 1

Ed

From nme.com

Former KLF man and renowned art terrorist BILL DRUMMOND has turned to soup for his next project.
Drummond, who once burnt £1 million in cash on a Scottish island, will spend a week in Northern Ireland in May preparing soup.

The stunt is part of Drummond’s The Soup Line, and will run as part of Belfast’s Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival from April 30 to May 5.

"In May 1998, Bill made soup for people in a house in Belfast," said Sarah Hughes, a festival spokesperson. "In January 2003 he made soup for a people in a house in Nottingham. He's now taken a map of the British Isles and drawn a line across it - right through Belfast and Nottingham - and called it The Soup Line.

"Anybody living on the line is welcome to invite him to their home and have him make soup for their family and close friends."

The line passes through some curious towns, including Inch Burnfoot in Donegal and Portavogie outside of Belfast.

In 2002, Drummond launched the silent protest playing cards, which were used as a silent call for peace. Most notoriously, in 1994 he and fellow KLF cohort Jimmy Cauty burnt £1 million in new banknotes on the Scottish island of Jura.

that burning of the million quid always made me uneasy - like coundn't they have given it to chaity? seems kinda immoral?? (i think i've got the friday-slightly-hungover-morality going on) much better was that mansun vdieo shoot where they got the budget for the video in cash, set up a few cameras and then released the money from a height into a busy london train station and filmed the people grabbing the cash....i think the song was called "taxloss"....
!bing

always liked that mansun video, the rail company threatened to sue them over it until mansun showed them some unused footage of a member of their staff shoving an old woman out of the way to get at the money. So goes the story anyways.
On the burning a million quid thing, obviously it woulda been more helpful if they'd given it to charity but ultimately it was their money to do with as they pleased in the name of art.

I'd be much more concerned by the 600 million quid(is it more than thnat by now?) that's being essentially set on fire for this luas thing. Did no one think to maybe spend it on some more buses?? and maybe some more police? and give the rest to charity or something. i dunno

Also while i'm rambling about spending money on stupid things, wouldn't the spire/spike thing have been a lot better if it had looked like this:

foto9.jpg

concerning the charity / art spectecle debate, if they had spent one million quid creating something with the money, it would still have been cash towards art and not needy causes ... but nobody would have probably feckin' remembered it.

on the subject of the klf, has anyone ever read 'the manual'? fucking brilliant

Actually: here's a list:

REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, Rosapenna; Carrigen; Inch Burnfoot.
NORTHERN IRELAND, Dungiven, Maghera, Belfast, Comber, Portavogie.

I like this thread, might stick with it for a while.....

Has anyone else got thier hands on that 'jam'* dvd? Got it in Virgin (derry) for ten sterlings.

*the chris morris thing...

fat slide said:
on the subject of the klf, has anyone ever read 'the manual'? fucking brilliant

amazing book, and has become strangley relevant, and even more ironic, again in these Pop Idol days. There were copies of it Waterstones as few months back, a bit exspensive if I remember, but a must have for the closet pop fan.

45 is great too, totally unratted read, and going for pennies in chapters.

One thing about the burning money, did they actually burn the money? only shitty camcorder footage and Jim Reid can tell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back