Jamie Lidell and Soul Jazz @ Spiegeltent (1 Viewer)

Don't know what details I can give, as I hadn't heard a thing by him so I don't know song titles etc, all I can say is that I thought it was pretty spectacular. Was very well recieved. Was a huge chorus of boooooos when he went off so early. And he came back to explain there was a curfew and he had to go but we were a 'wicked crew' or something like that.

Does anyone know what time he came on at? We got there at ten and he was already on, then he was off at five to eleven. And what was the deal with that 'throw two euro into the hat and then you can buy more beer' shit after he finished, that was very lame.

Robbie Analog said:
Don't know what details I can give, as I hadn't heard a thing by him so I don't know song titles etc, all I can say is that I thought it was pretty spectacular. Was very well recieved. Was a huge chorus of boooooos when he went off so early. And he came back to explain there was a curfew and he had to go but we were a 'wicked crew' or something like that.

Does anyone know what time he came on at? We got there at ten and he was already on, then he was off at five to eleven. And what was the deal with that 'throw two euro into the hat and then you can buy more beer' shit after he finished, that was very lame.
He came on just before ten as far as I can remember robbie, so you wouldnt have missed that much of it. that €2 euros thing was VERY lame, good on the audience for booing the guy. I was surprised at the size of the line going in when I was leaving, was there something decent on after of what?

Wavioli said:
He came on just before ten as far as I can remember robbie, so you wouldnt have missed that much of it. that €2 euros thing was VERY lame, good on the audience for booing the guy. I was surprised at the size of the line going in when I was leaving, was there something decent on after of what?
Cool at least we didn't miss too much. Well on principal we fucked off rather than pay another 2 quid, and on the way out herself picked up a copy of the spiegeltent newspaper, and 'club spiegeltent' seemed to amount to a karaoke club. So fuck that.

itchy said:
He Was fuckin class. It would be quality to see him headline a club and him in the height of it at 2am.
yup, that's what I said
he was deadly, and also handsome.

itchy said:
He Was fuckin class. It would be quality to see him headline a club and him in the height of it at 2am.
Boy have I a treat for you!

It took me about an hour to locate this, and get it up this morning, so I hope you like it!

I saw Lidell in or around August 2003 in Barcelona as he performed as part of the super_collider act he's got going with Cristian Vogel, where I shot this footage.

In vid#one Lidell is the chap prancing around the front of the stage.
http://128.121.253.171/super_collider/super_collider1_onemoregodotcom.avi (3.4mb)

In vid#two you get an impression of the shit these two get down to live - the beats! - you see Vogel at the back in front of the screens waving the vinyl about. http://128.121.253.171/super_collider/super_collider2_onemoregodotcom.avi (3.4mb)

And vid#three is probably the best of the lot - Lidell is dressed like he's in the KKK, he's got a sheet over his body, and that sheet is stapled to the stage (done with staple gun, live) so he can't move from where he's rooted. http://128.121.253.171/super_collider/super_collider3_onemoregodotcom.avi (3.0mb)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back