Jamie Lidell and Soul Jazz @ Spiegeltent (1 Viewer)

Remedy

Just letting you guys know that if you are interested in going to see Jamie Lidell and/or Remedy Birthday Party Feat Soul Jazz Sound System, please do your best to get your tickets asap...they is a real buzz about the siegeltent....dont say you havent been warned!

All the best

Anthony
www.remedyireland.com

Remedy are delighted to announce our involvment with this year's ESB Dublin Fringe Festival 2004 showcasing two of our favourite acts in the world famous Spiegeltent. The Spiegeltent this year will be situated on Georges Dock, Dublin. (Near The Customs House). Both shows are expected to sell out so please do your best to purchase a ticket in advance. Tix info below.

Thurs Sept 30th
Jamie Lidell LIVE
Support from Kistar

Jamie's been compared to the likes of Funkadelic and Marvin Gaye. Strange comparisons when one may initially consider Jamies music to be techno. Not so, more of a twisted collaboration of technology-influenced funk, obsessed with the mysteries of bass and studio techniques. Jamie's show is a fast paced one-man show that should be seen to be believed. His last 2 shows have blown away Irish audiences and its fitting that he should perform his high-energy show in the Spiegel tent. Not to be missed.

Kistar
Kistar are a duo consisting of Ray O Donoghue and Josie Doherty. Their music has been described as Nu-Soul. They have recorded together several times and have just started taking the show on the road. Josie's Gospel style vocals and Ray?s blues/ funk style guitar makes for a very pleasurable aural experience.

Reviews on Jamie Lidell.....

"Lidell's set was pure, visceral power: a scintillating display of demented musical and physical energy. He transformed his voice, and his body, into a musical cyborg, sampling vocal riffs and noises that built into textures of shuddering intensity....... It was a thrilling live performance, both experimental and immediate. Lidell was the highlight of the evening, and he made the Sinfonietta's performances, conducted by Jurjen Hempel, seem insipid by comparison". The Guardian Review of The London Sinfonietta, Squarepusher and Jamie Lidell.
"It was exhilarating in a masochistic kind of way, most of all in Jamie Lidell's astounding solo performance, which combined ecstatically abandoned singing with a lightning-fingered performance on samplers and sequencers...." The Telegraph Review of The London Sinfonietta, Squarepusher and Jamie Lidell

Doors are at 9pm til 11pm.
Tix are only available from The DFF Box Office:
Booking 1850 FRINGE (1850 374 643) or book online at www.fringefest.com
Tix are priced 16.50 booking fee.

www.warprecords.com
www.remedyireland.com

Sat Oct 2nd - Remedy Birthday Party
The Return of the Soul Jazz Sound System (100% Dynamite).
Reggae, Funk, Latin, Hip-Hop, Soul, Rock Steady, Disco.
DJs, MCs, and Live Vocalists

Our favourite night of last year back to the Spiegeltent by popular demand! From the people that brought you over 150 LPs including Nu Yorica! (Vols. 1& 2), Chicano Power, 100-500% Dynamite, New Orleans Funk, Philadelphia Roots, Studio One Rockers. Expect an up-tempo mix of trademark Grooves and Funk. No style is off limits, Reggae, Soul, Disco, Hip Hop, Funk.... all expertly thrown together and with Mc and Vocalists keeping the crowd on their toes another night of good times music is on the cards. We thought this gig would be ideal to celebrate Remedy's first birthday as the Spiegeltent is such a wonderful venue. and the Soul Jazz dudes know how to get the party started! Get tickets early for this one; its gonna be roadblocked!

Doors are 7pm-11pm
Tix are only available from The DFF Box Office:
Booking 1850 FRINGE (1850 374 643) or book online at www.fringefest.com
tix are priced 18euro plus booking fee.

www.souljazzrecords.co.uk

All press/interviews etc, please contact [email protected]
www.remedyireland.com
www.fringefest.com

Got my ticket for this last week. Am really looking forward to it, I don't think I've read a single bad thing about his shows.

Robbie Analog said:
Got my ticket for this last week. Am really looking forward to it, I don't think I've read a single bad thing about his shows.
I remember him being infectious - I didn't even want to go to the bar.

what's the sound like in the speigal tent though?

yea that gig in the sugar club earlier this year was amazing.pure entertainment. i've rarely heard a white guy do soul so well.sorta otis redding meets aphex twin. are there many tickets left does anyone know?won't be able to make town til the weekend.

yup, he's brilliant. what a voice. plus (i've said this before, but i'll say it again) he is a big ride.

i too hope there are tickets left, as i don't get paid til friday. sniff.

there are plenty of ticket left at the moment so both Jamie and Soul Jazz....but they are moving v well....so please get them sooner rather than later if you are thinking of going...

all the best

anthony
www.remedyireland.com

Saw him at a free BBC gig in Belfast (with the guy from 808 State's new band.. Toolshed I think they were...) and Jamie Lidell was bloody astonishing.. with just a sampler and a pile of effects he did everything from soul to beats/breaks stuff. Magic.

He's bloody wired on stage too.. great energy..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back